Congressmen indicted in report on illegal mining: Goa BJPJuly 9th, 2012 - 3:25 pm ICT by IANS
Panaji, July 9 (IANS) The Shah Commission report on illegal mining in Goa, which is yet to be made public, has named senior Congress functionaries for being involved in the scam, Goa BJP president Laxmikant Parsekar said Monday.
Parsekar was responding to allegations made Saturday by All India Congress Committee (AICC) secretary in charge of Goa, Sudhakar Reddy, when the latter had accused the Bharatiya Janata Party led coalition government of being supported by the mining lobby.
“Everyone in Goa knows which government was being supported by the mining lobby. The Shah commission report is clear. It will expose everything. There are names of several Congressmen in the report and all their account of illegal mining in Goa,” Parsekar said.
“We request Reddy ji to implore with the Congress government at the centre to release the report. They have kept in hidden. Let everyone come to know what is there in it,” the state BJP president said.
When in the opposition the BJP had accused the Congress led coalition government of sheltering a mining scam to the tune of Rs 25,000 crore and had named several ministers including the then chief minister as a part of the scam.
After the switch in power in March this year however, the BJP has been unable to effectively pin the same Congressmen down for illegal mining activity.
- Goa illegal mining scam worth $423 million: Trinamool Congress - Feb 15, 2012
- Congress keeping Goa illegal mining report under wraps: Munde - Feb 26, 2012
- Goa Congress denies illegal mining charges - Jan 17, 2012
- Will Congress do a Yeddyurappa with Goa's Kamat? (Letter from Goa) - Sep 21, 2011
- Goa Congress likens illegal mining to 'murder on the street' - Jan 23, 2012
- BJP fielding candidates of mining lobby: Kamat - Feb 26, 2012
- BJP, Congress in nexus over illegal mining: Goa activists - Sep 23, 2011
- BJP's 'fight' against illegal mining wilting in Goa's poll heat (Goa Newsletter) - Feb 11, 2012
- Mining scam may hit Kamat's second term chances - Oct 23, 2011
- BJP manifesto promises Goa Lokayukta within 100 days - Feb 19, 2012
- Commission pegs Goa mining scam at Rs 34,935 crore, BJP wants Kamat booked (Lead) - Sep 07, 2012
- FIR against Kamat, Rane within 15 days: Parrikar - Sep 08, 2012
- Leakage of Goa mining report to be raised in parliament - Nov 21, 2011
- Central government to blame for illegal mining: Parrikar (Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
- Kamat to present facts on mining scam to Goa Congress - Oct 14, 2011
Tags: aicc, allegations, bharatiya janata party, bjp president, chief minister, coalition government, congress government, congressmen, crore, goa, india congress committee, ji, laxmikant, opposition, panaji, sudhakar