Congressman removed for questioning leader’s SIMI connectionsOctober 11th, 2008 - 9:21 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 11 (IANS) A Youth Congress leader from Kerala, who demanded a probe into the alleged connections of state party president T. Siddique with the Students Islamic Movement of India (SIMI), was Saturday removed from the post of state general secretary.Indian Youth Congress secretary in-charge Myanmar Karbak ousted state general secretary Jaleel Mohammad for making “derogatory comments against Siddique”, party sources said.
Jaleel levelled the allegations at a press conference here. “Yes, I demanded party level probe to clear the air regarding Siddique’s alleged SIMI connections,” he told IANS.
“Siddique himself had said in the Kerala Pradesh Congress Committee (KPCC) executive meeting that the state police were after him (for his) alleged link with the banned organisation,” he said.
State Youth Congress leaders flocked the national capital for the inclusion of their supporters in the list of the district and block-level office bearers.
Unhappy over the final list announced here Friday, Jaleel alleged the Youth Congress workers who participated in the agitation against the policies of the Left Democratic Front (LDF) government and were subjected to baton charge have been denied posts.
Describing Jaleel’s allegation as baseless and cheap, Siddique said the appointments to various posts were made after fulfilling organisational norms and holding discussions with district-level workers and leaders.
He also appreciated the Youth Congress national leadership for taking action immediately against the person who violated organisational discipline.
- Kerala state Congress gears up for revamp - Aug 05, 2012
- Tension within the ranks haunt UDF and LDF too (Kerala Newsletter) - Aug 17, 2012
- Kerala CPI-M leaders to protest Monday - Apr 15, 2012
- Achuthanandan faces veiled attack from party MP - Sep 13, 2011
- IUML becomes second-biggest party in UDF - May 13, 2011
- No problems in alliance, all united: UDF - May 01, 2012
- Sonia Gandhi slams LDF rule in Kerala - Apr 06, 2011
- BJP readies anti-Congress CD campaign (Uttar Pradesh Newsletter) - Sep 08, 2012
- LDF on warpath against Chandy - Oct 05, 2011
- Congress asks Kerala leaders to maintain discipline - Jun 10, 2010
- Kerala orders probe into lapses in 160 university postings - May 29, 2011
- Poll campaign gains momentum in Kerala - Mar 31, 2011
- Kerala to host Congress' south regional conference - May 13, 2010
- Congress names observers for government formation in Assam, Kerala - May 14, 2011
- Congress demands probe into release of SIMI members - Feb 04, 2011