Congress worker shot at, criticalApril 22nd, 2009 - 11:09 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 22 (IANS) A Congress worker was in a critical condition after he was shot at in Jama Masjid area in central Delhi over a financial dispute with a man, who has now run away, police said Wednesday.
Police officials said the victim, identified as Abbas, was shot in the stomach by Shahid near the Kasturba Gandhi Hospital after a heated argument over a financial dispute.
The incident took place around 11 p.m. Tuesday.
According to a police official, Shahid had borrowed Rs.20,000 from Abbas and their friend Leela was witness to the fact.
“The two had an argument over returning the money on Sunday and Shahid had promised to return it soon. Last night, when the three friends were together, Abbas again demanded his money, which made Shahid furious and he opened fire and shot at Abbas,” a police official said.
“The shot was fired from a country-made pistol. A case of attempt to murder has been lodged against Shahid and we have launched a manhunt to arrest him,” the police official added.
The victim is undergoing treatment at the LNJP hospital and his condition was described as critical. Shahid has run away, the police said.
- Man robbed at Noida mall, two hurt in shootout - Aug 06, 2012
- Jail official shot at in Navi Mumbai - Sep 09, 2012
- Hunt on for Jama Masjid attackers; injured Taiwanese better (Lead) - Sep 20, 2010
- Class 9 student shoots at schoolmate - Sep 15, 2011
- Man resisting robbery bid shot - Jan 19, 2012
- Delhi Police ASI shoots head constable (Lead) - Dec 21, 2011
- Principal shot at in Noida - Jul 29, 2012
- Chinese serial killer shot dead - Aug 14, 2012
- Man shot over parking space - May 21, 2012
- Coach attendant found dead in express train - Jan 14, 2012
- ETV reporter's murder case solved - Aug 10, 2011
- Delhi CM Dikshit visits Jama Masjid shootout injured in LNJP Hopital - Sep 20, 2010
- Eight killed, one injured in Ohio shooting spree - Aug 08, 2011
- Man shot dead by colleague - Jun 26, 2011
- Two Taiwanese shot at Jama Masjid, man detained (Roundup) - Sep 19, 2010