Congress to hit streets if BJP government not dismissedMay 16th, 2011 - 2:03 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, May 16 (IANS) The Congress in Karnataka Monday threatened to hit the streets if the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) government in the state was not dismissed immediately.
“We welcome the governor’s move (to recommend to the central government to dismiss the state government),” state Congress president G. Parameshwara told reporters here.
“If the corrupt BJP government is not dismissed, we will organise a statewide agitation. We have already alerted all our district units to be ready for the agitation,” he said.
Parameshwara said the Congress party has been seeking dismissal of the B.S. Yeddyurappa government as “it has been indulging in corruption, illegal mining and various scams”.
Bhardwaj had late Sunday sent “a special report” to President Pratibha Patil on the developments in Karnataka following the apex court verdict restoring the membership of 16 rebel legislators - 11 of the BJP and five independents.
The report was sent after 10 of the 11 BJP legislators expressed ‘unconditional support’ to Yeddyurappa.
Though Bhardwaj has not made public his report, Yeddyurappa — apprehending dismissal of his government — wrote to Patil urging her to “reject the unconstitutional move” of Bhardwaj.
- Battle for Karnataka shifts to Delhi (Afternoon Lead) - May 16, 2011
- NDA holds meeting on Karnataka crisis - May 16, 2011
- BJP slams Bhardwaj, to protest at Raj Bhavan - May 16, 2011
- Rallies for and against Bhardwaj in Karnataka - May 17, 2011
- BJP takes Karnataka battle to Delhi - May 16, 2011
- Yeddyurappa threatens stir, opposition firm on ouster (Lead) - May 19, 2011
- BJP appeals to Patil against president's rule in Karnataka - May 17, 2011
- BJP sets May 25 deadline for Bhardwaj's recall - May 20, 2011
- BJP threatens nation-wide stir to save Karnataka ministry - May 22, 2011
- Yeddyurappa 'compliments' Bhardwaj for helping unite BJP - May 17, 2011
- PM won't take any undemocratic decision: Yeddyurappa (Lead) - May 17, 2011
- BJP hits road against Karnataka governor - May 21, 2011
- NDA wants Bhardwaj sacked, to meet PM (Lead) - May 16, 2011
- Rallies in support, against Bhardwaj in Karnataka Tuesday - May 16, 2011
- Karnataka battle: NDA leaders meet PM; Yeddyurappa, MLAs to meet president (Roundup) - May 16, 2011