Congress to ask two West Bengal legislators for explanationJanuary 8th, 2009 - 12:08 am ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Jan 7 (IANS) The West Bengal Congress Legislature Party (CLP) Wednesday decided to send a show-cause notice to its two senior legislators - Somen Mitra who floated his own party, and Sudip Bandhopadhyay who joined Trinamool Congress - after leaving the party recently.“We’ve unanimously decided to send a show-cause notice to both Congress legislators who broke from the party. We asked them to reply to the CLP within the next seven days clarifying their official stand,” state CLP leader Manas Bhuniya told IANS.
He said according to their reply the Congress would inform the West Bengal Assembly Speaker Hasim Abdul Halim and would appeal for the necessary steps to be taken against the two legislators.
“Somen Mitra has formed his own political platform - Pragatishil Indira Congress (PIC) and Sudip Bandhopadhyay has joined Trinamool Congress. If they are no longer with the Congress, they should have resigned on moral grounds. But they’ve done nothing, explaining their political stand so far,” Bhuniya said.
“Once they reply to us, we’ll submit their official statement to the state assembly speaker here,” he said.
- Congress demands action against turncoat legislator - Feb 05, 2009
- Legislator disqualified for floor-crossing - Jan 05, 2011
- Congress to Trinamool: Replicate Lok Sabha poll pact terms - Mar 05, 2011
- West Bengal top cop in trouble for 'clicking photos' in assembly - Jul 23, 2010
- Bengal speaker disqualifies MLA for defecting, another quits - Mar 06, 2009
- Trinamool MLA speaks out against factionalism, sycophancy - Jul 01, 2012
- 41 percent polling in West Bengal by-polls - Aug 18, 2009
- Trinamool old guard defends turf against new entrants - Jan 01, 2012
- Congress dubs Trinamool 'BJP stooge', asked to leave ministry (Lead) - Jan 04, 2012
- Trinamool wins two Bengal seats, as Left decline continues - Aug 21, 2009
- Bengal industry minister, Congress chief's assets increase - Apr 28, 2011
- Bengal CPI-M legislator jumps to death (Lead) - May 30, 2011
- Coalition dharma: No provocative language - Mar 14, 2011
- Congress discussing joining Mamata government: Bhuniya - May 15, 2011
- Pranab, Mamata seat-sharing meet inconclusive - Mar 16, 2011