Congress takes a dig at CPI-M’s amusement parkSeptember 4th, 2008 - 6:22 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, Sep 4 (IANS) Kerala’s Leader of Opposition Oommen Chandy Thursday questioned the priorities of the ruling Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) which last week launched an amusement park at a cost of Rs.350 million (Rs.35 crores).”Every party should introspect on what its priorities are and decide whether it has to run commercial establishments to make money or do good for society,” Chandy told reporters here.
Asked about Chief Minister V.S. Achuthanandan’s statement Wednesday that he would comment only after studying the Vismaya Amusement Park in Kannur, Chandy said: “If that was the case, why did he initially agree to inaugurate the park?
“He could not go to Kannur for inauguration only because he was admitted to a hospital here,” he added.
The Congress leader said the CPI-M-backed park was charging Rs.350 for an entry ticket on Sundays and holidays.
“They claim to be the party of the poor and the working class. It is only on Sundays and holidays that the working class can go to parks when they are charging more,” said Chandy.
- Tension within the ranks haunt UDF and LDF too (Kerala Newsletter) - Aug 17, 2012
- Kerala theme park ordered shut after opposition attack - Jul 19, 2010
- CPI(M) leaders accused in murder of former party leader - Aug 13, 2012
- Chandy demands legal action against Achuthanandan - Feb 06, 2011
- Media creation, says Vijayan of Achuthanandan letter - May 21, 2012
- Chandy off to Delhi to discuss fifth berth controversy - Apr 15, 2012
- Chandy writes to Achuthanandan on probe against son (Lead) - Mar 02, 2011
- Chandy, Achuthanandan wrangle over investors meet - Sep 06, 2012
- CPI-M not involved in former leader's murder: Achuthanandan - May 07, 2012
- Chandy writes to Achuthanandan demanding probe - Mar 02, 2011
- Kerala CPI-M in tight spot over murder probe - Sep 09, 2012
- CPI-M jittery as police dig deeper into murder case (Kerala Newsletter) - May 26, 2012
- Murder of ex-party colleague comes to haunt Kerala CPI-M (News Analysis) - May 20, 2012
- Achuthanandan offers to quit over land scam, party says no - Jan 13, 2012
- Chandy pats himself after one year, critics fume (One year of Oommen Chandy) - May 17, 2012