Congress releases third list of Kashmir candidatesNovember 13th, 2008 - 9:10 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 13 (IANS) The Congress party Thursday released the third list of candidates for the Jammu and Kashmir assembly elections.The list includes a change the party has made in a list released earlier. Now, Mir Mushtaq Ahmad will contest from Baramulla constituency instead of Ghulam Nabi Monga.
Two other names announced are Abdul Ahad Yatoo from the Pattan constituency and Abdul Ghani Dar from Rajpora seat.
With this, the Congress has finalized the names of 42 candidates. Earlier, the party had announced 40 names out of the total 87 seats in the assembly.
Jammu and Kashmir goes to polls in seven phases from Nov 17. The results will be declared Dec 28.
- Voting begins in Jammu and Kashmir - May 13, 2009
- NC-Congress combine bags 5 seats, PDP has surplus votes - Apr 13, 2011
- National Conference releases final list for Kashmir polls - Nov 06, 2008
- Defeated PDP candidate in fray from Kashmir - Apr 06, 2009
- 2 militants killed at Kulgam, 3 miscreants arrested at Srinagar in J-K - Nov 01, 2010
- Congress names 78 more nominees for Uttar Pradesh poll - Nov 16, 2011
- Three Goa ministers' kin among Congress nominees - Feb 07, 2012
- Congress in no hurry to announce Bengal candidates - Mar 21, 2011
- Congress, NCP working towards pre-poll alliance in Goa - Nov 09, 2011
- Poll victory shows alliance unity: Omar - Apr 13, 2011
- Jammu and Kashmir fourth phase poll Sunday amid boycott call (Lead, Changing Dateline) - Dec 05, 2008
- In Hisar, roadroller almost crushed Bishnoi's tractor - Nov 06, 2011
- UP first phase polls - Facts at a glance - Feb 07, 2012
- 2 Hizbul militants held in Jammu-Kashmir's Baramulla district - Oct 17, 2010
- PDP versus NC in Kashmir, Congress vs BJP in Jammu (Lead, Curtain Raiser) - Dec 11, 2008