Congress legislator booked for BSP leader’s murderJune 15th, 2008 - 2:23 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, June 15 (IANS) A First Information Report (FIR) has been registered against Jharkhand’s Congress legislator Niel Tirkey in the murder of a state Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) leader, a police official said Sunday. BSP Simdega district unit secretary Ajit Kido was killed Friday night by some unidentified people at his house in Simdega, about 140 km from Ranchi.
The FIR was lodged Saturday night in Kurdeg police station on the statement of Silvester Kido, elder brother of Ajit Kido.
Silvester in his statement said that his brother was receiving threats from the Congress lawmaker.
“The FIR has been lodged against Niel Tirkey on the statement of Silvester Kido,” Deobihari Sharma, superintendent of police Simdega district, told IANS Sunday.
Tirkey, however, said: “The case is politically motivated. I had no confrontation with Ajit Kido.”
- Maoist rivalry kills four in Jharkhand - May 16, 2011
- Driver killed in police firing in Jharkhand - Jan 17, 2012
- Congress for judicial probe against rape-accused BSP lawmaker - Jan 02, 2011
- Former UP minister booked for duping sportsmen - May 03, 2012
- BJP legislator's son named in murder - Dec 09, 2011
- BSP leader found murdered - Jun 12, 2011
- BSP leader shot dead - Jul 02, 2011
- Mob blocks traffic in Ghaziabad after Ambedkar statue damaged - Jul 06, 2012
- Doctor's death: Murder case filed on family's plea - Jun 26, 2011
- Naxals burn Jharkhand Youth Congress leader alive - May 17, 2010
- Maoists kill Congress leader in Jharkhand - May 17, 2010
- FIR against Jharkhand speaker for poll violations - May 25, 2012
- BSP not to contest against Dimple - Jun 06, 2012
- Raja Bhaiya, Samajwadi Party MP arrested for bid on candidate - Dec 19, 2010
- Man hacks his brother to death, hangs himself - Oct 03, 2011