Congress finalises 35 names for Chhattisgarh pollOctober 23rd, 2008 - 4:48 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 23 (IANS) The Congress Thursday released its first list of 35 candidates for the assembly polls in Chhattisgarh. Former chief minister Ajit Jogi’s name did not figure in the first list, finalised by the central election committee of the party.
On Oct 21, the state’s ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) had released its list of 78 candidates for elections in the state.
Polling for the 90-member Chhattisgarh assembly will be held over two days on Nov 14 and Nov 20.
- Nearly 70 percent polling in Chhattisgarh assembly by-poll (Lead) - Oct 01, 2010
- BJP consolidates lead in Bastar Lok Sabha seat (Lead) - May 13, 2011
- Ajit Jogi waits to use robotic legs - Mar 09, 2012
- Congress workers to court arrests in Chhattisgarh - Dec 05, 2011
- Tribal group wants tribal CM in Chhattisgarh - Aug 27, 2012
- Ticket delay worries thousands of Bihar poll aspirants - Sep 25, 2010
- BJP government has no control in Bastar: Ajit Jogi - Apr 30, 2011
- BJP suspends sitting legislator after name appears in Congress list - Oct 07, 2011
- Factionalism widens in Chhattisgarh Congress after bypoll loss - Feb 19, 2011
- Congress struggles to pick candidate for Bastar - Apr 07, 2011
- Bypoll in Chhhattisgarh begins on dull note - Oct 01, 2010
- Three women in BJP's second list for Uttarkhand polls - Jan 06, 2012
- Amit Jogi questions delay in CBI appeal (Lead) - May 03, 2011
- Congress appoints office bearers in Chhattisgarh - Oct 04, 2011
- Ajit Jogi bribed voters: BJP - May 05, 2011