Congress defeated for opposing Lokpal bill: Kiran BediMarch 6th, 2012 - 6:07 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 6 (IANS) Team Anna member Kiran Bedi Tuesday said the Congress party had performed badly in state elections because it was blatantly against an effective Lokpal bill to curb corruption.
“Congress appeared to be suffering today (Tuesday) also because it was blatantly against an effective Lokpal bill. And still is! Unless it changes stance,” Bedi said on micro-blogging site twitter.
“The party in power at the Centre not only needs to understand what has gone wrong but what is right at all. Huge corruption has costed them heavily,” she said.
Bedi said that had national parties focused on rampant corruption plus providing strong Lokayuktas, people would have rewarded them. “No one did! All had skeletons.”
“Recall Badals, BJP, Left parties came to Jantar Mantar and publicly committed for an independent-effective Lokpal plus Lokayukta. Congress did not,” she added.
- Parties invited for 'no adjournment debate' on Lokpal bill: Team Anna - Dec 05, 2011
- Kejriwal hopes UPA will honour Sonia's commitment on Lokpal - Nov 09, 2011
- Thousands join as Hazare begins indefinite fast (Lead) - Apr 05, 2011
- Thousands join anti-graft crusade as Hazare begins fast (Roundup) - Apr 05, 2011
- Anna disbands Team Anna, leaders perplexed (Roundup) - Aug 06, 2012
- Thousands join anti-graft crusade as Hazare begins fast (Intro Roundup) - Apr 05, 2011
- Anna disbands Team Anna, colleagues perplexed (Intro Roundup) - Aug 06, 2012
- Civil society upset over 'sarkari' Lokpal (Lead) - Jul 28, 2011
- Anna Hazare reaches Rajghat, hundreds join in support - Apr 05, 2011
- Anna Hazare plans fast unto death for strong Lokpal bil - Apr 04, 2011
- Delhi to Mumbai: MPs debate, Anna protests Lokpal bill (Afternoon Lead) - Dec 27, 2011
- Quotable quotes on Lokpal - Dec 11, 2011
- Curb rampant corruption, appoint Lokayukta: Agnivesh to Mayawati - May 01, 2011
- Lokpal Bill row: BJP asks Govt. not to make a 'prestige issue' - Apr 05, 2011
- Show courage for strong Lokpal bill: Hazare to PM (Lead) - Jan 22, 2012