Congress condemns army officer’s terror link, slams BJPNovember 7th, 2008 - 8:56 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 7 (IANS) The Congress Friday condemned the alleged involvement of a serving army officer in the Malegaon terror blast and said the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) was trying to propagate its agenda of hate by using the country’s secular institutions.”We are proud of our army, but ashamed of individuals who under the influence of some political parties try to infiltrate the secular and democratic institution of our country,” Abhishek Manu Singhvi, Congress spokesperson, said at a press conference here.
The Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) arrested Lt. Col. Shrikant Purohit Tuesday for allegedly supplying money and explosives in the Malegaon blast near a mosque that killed five people.
Singhvi said the BJP was playing the politics of exclusion and had an agenda of hate.
“The country needs an answer to the question: has BJP tried to use the secular and democratic institutions of our country to propagate its hateful agenda?”
- BJP tried to saffronise secular institutions: Congress - Nov 07, 2008
- Government, Congress, CPI-M worry over armyman's terror link (Roundup) - Nov 07, 2008
- Malegaon blast: NIA to interrogate accused army officer - Jul 19, 2011
- Malegaon blast accused not part of RSS: Ram Madhav - Feb 11, 2011
- Congress launches frontal attack on 'insidious' RSS, BJP (Lead) - Dec 19, 2010
- Army officer refused bail in Malegaon blast case - Nov 10, 2011
- Army told to reconvene court of inquiry on Purohit - Mar 09, 2011
- BJP misleads nation on anti-violence bill: Congress - May 27, 2011
- BJP getting soft on terror: Shakeel Ahmad - Nov 12, 2008
- I stand by my remarks on Karkare: Digvijay Singh - Dec 14, 2010
- Congress core group to discuss security - Jul 15, 2011
- Ramdev supporters blacken Sonia's poster, two held (Lead) - Jan 16, 2012
- Advani's attack on PM betrays desperation, says Congress - Jan 21, 2011
- 19 years after Babri demolition, Ram temple on backburner? - Dec 05, 2011
- Sort out trust deficit with army, BJP tells government (Lead) - Apr 04, 2012