Congress caused loss of Rs.200 lakh crore, says RamdevSeptember 1st, 2012 - 5:16 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 1 (IANS) Yoga guru Baba Ramdev Saturday accused the Congress of causing a loss of Rs.200 lakh crore in coal blocks allocation and sought resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh over the scam.
“If the PM, who is responsible for corruption worth Rs.200 lakh crore, is honest then who is dishonest,” asked Ramdev in a press conference here.
He also demanded that the licences issued for coal blocks should be cancelled.
Ramdev added that he would launch a campaign from Oct 2 against the Congress-led United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government ahead of the Lok Sabha elections scheduled in 2014.
He told the media that the Congress had created a record in corruption, and now “the government is exposed”.
The yoga guru said he would not join politics. “It’s not our agenda,” he added.
He also alleged that the Congress was trying to defame him, and the UPA government was conspiring against his ashram and trust.
- Ramdev announces agitation from Oct 2, demands PM's resignation (Lead) - Sep 01, 2012
- Corrupt people made PM helpless: Ramdev - Nov 17, 2011
- Ramdev ends fast, targets PM; Congress hits back (Second Lead) - Aug 14, 2012
- Ramdev ends fast, battlelines remain drawn (Roundup) - Jun 12, 2011
- Ramdev backs Hazare against allegations - Aug 14, 2011
- BSP trying to suppress Ramdev's campaign: BJP - Jun 06, 2011
- Ramdev ends fast with chants of 'Congress hatao', targets PM (Roundup) - Aug 14, 2012
- Government trying to defame me, says Ramdev - Sep 03, 2011
- Government, BJP cross swords over verdict on Ramdev rally - Feb 23, 2012
- Congress out to malign me: Ramdev - Sep 09, 2012
- BJP to take coal block issue to people - Sep 01, 2012
- Parties back black money issue inside, outside parliament (Second Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
- Ramdev supporters head home, vow to oppose Congress - Aug 14, 2012
- 'Ramdev not close to RSS' - Apr 13, 2012
- CWC meet begins, economic situation on agenda - Jun 04, 2012
Tags: ashram, coal, congress, corruption, crore, lakh, lok sabha elections, manmohan, manmohan singh, New Delhi, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, progressive alliance, ramdev, resignation, rs 200, worth rs, yoga guru