Congress, BSP not serious on Uttar Pradesh’s development: GadkariOctober 30th, 2011 - 9:31 pm ICT by IANS
Kushinagar (Uttar Pradesh), Oct 30 (IANS) Accusing the Congress and Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) of not making serious efforts for Uttar Pradesh’s development, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) chief Nitin Gadkari said development of villages and generating jobs would be his party’s priority if it comes to power in the state in 2012.
He also said BJP will not have any post or pre-poll alliance for the state assembly elections.
“Be it Congress or BSP, the two have not bothered to take any serious steps for removing backwardness and poverty from the state. The two have done only politics in the name of development,” said Gadkari during the second and last day of BJP’s state working committee meeting in this Uttar Pradesh district, some 300 km from Lucknow.
“Our party has a devised a concrete plan for an all-round development of the state. Development of transportation medium in villages, better water management facilities and generation of employment, better education and health facilities would be some of our priorities,” he added.
Attacking Chief Minister Mayawati, Gadkari said: “Thousands of crores that have been spent by her on setting up memorials and parks are not going to serve the poor and needy.”
- BJP to create 50 lakh jobs in Uttar Pradesh: Gadkari - Nov 17, 2011
- Mayawati decides to split Uttar Pradesh, opposition fumes (Roundup) - Nov 15, 2011
- Elections 2012: UP poll battle begins Wednesday - Feb 06, 2012
- Polls in five states a semifinal: Gadkari - Feb 05, 2012
- Rahul continues broadside against Mayawati, Mulayam - Nov 24, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh set to vote amid hung house prediction - Feb 07, 2012
- BJP to make vision document for Uttar Pradesh's development - Jun 04, 2011
- Surveys show BJP will win in Uttar Pradesh: Gadkari - Oct 30, 2011
- BSP, SP have tacit understanding with Congress: BJP - Nov 11, 2011
- Mayawati siphoning development funds to BSP candidates: BJP - Oct 17, 2011
- Finally, Advani-Gadkari feud out in the open (Third Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- Mayawati has failed to protect women, downtrodden: BJP - Apr 02, 2011
- No post-poll alliance for BJP: Gadkari - Mar 05, 2012
- Advani shocker: People upset with BJP too (Second Lead) - May 31, 2012
- Mayawati trying to misguide people: SP - Nov 15, 2011
Tags: assembly elections, backwardness, bahujan samaj party, bahujan samaj party bsp, better education, chief minister, committee meeting, concrete plan, crores, generating jobs, health facilities, kushinagar, management facilities, oct 30, poll alliance, samaj, state assembly, uttar pradesh, water management, working committee