Congress-backed TV channel to be launched in Middle EastJune 10th, 2008 - 5:08 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, June 10 (IANS) The Jaihind TV, a Malayalam TV channel backed by the Congress party, will launch its operations in the Middle East Thursday as part of its move to become a global player. The launch will take place at the Radisson SAS Hotel, Dubai, the channel said in a release here Tuesday.
Minister for Parliamentary Affairs and Overseas Indian Affairs Vayalar Ravi will inaugurate the function. Kerala’s Leader of Opposition Oommen Chandy, State Congress president Ramesh Chennithala and upcoming superstars Dileep and Gopika will also be present.
The Jaihind TV, launched in August last year by Congress president Sonia Gandhi, is a 24-hour channel with emphasis on news and current affairs programmes.
It is a joint venture between Bharath Broadcasting Network (BBN) and Jai Hind Communications (JHC), both headed by Dubai-based Keralites, and the Congress party.
The Middle East is home to a large number of Indian diaspora, especially from Kerala.
- Chandy blames Air India for high fares to Middle East - Oct 03, 2011
- Congress-owned channel head to contest opposite Tharoor - Mar 20, 2009
- Involve NRKs in Kerala's development: Vayalar Ravi - Feb 12, 2011
- Two Kerala builders surrender, sent to judicial custody - Jun 18, 2011
- Kerala seeks chartered flights from Middle East - Jun 19, 2012
- Chandy seeks waiver for quick launch of Air Kerala - Sep 13, 2012
- God's own country to get own airline - Sep 08, 2012
- Chandy to help end expatriates' passport woes - Sep 28, 2011
- Kerala mulls new bank and university for NRKs - Dec 30, 2011
- Kerala to offer investment options to NRKs: Chandy - May 16, 2011
- PM called Kerala leaders before accepting Tharoor resignation - Apr 20, 2010
- Asianet to launch dedicated channel for Middle East - Mar 24, 2010
- Kerala state Congress gears up for revamp - Aug 05, 2012
- Kerala eyes next Pravasi Bharatiya Diwas, 2017 U-17 football - Feb 15, 2012
- 'Some minister's personal staff run Kerala government - Jul 29, 2012