Congress activist arrested on murder chargeJanuary 16th, 2009 - 7:40 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Jan 16 (IANS) Four people, including a Congress activist, have been arrested in a West Bengal town for their alleged involvement in the murder of a beauty parlour owner, an official said Friday.Anjali Goswami, who ran the parlour at Suri town in Birbhum district, 200 km from here, was found murdered Nov 11 last year in a forest near a power station in the same district.
Inspector General Neeraj Narayan Pandey told reporters that Congress activist Kiriti Pal, Goswami’s assistant Durga and hired killers Siddique Sheikh and Mustaque Sheikh had been charged with the crime.
Pandey said Pal befriended the victim after she inherited a lot of wealth following her parents’ death. He promised to make her a Bengali film star by introducing her to the right people in the industry.
But he conspired with parlour assistant Durga and contacted two hired killers to kill Goswami.
Pal and Goswami left for Kolkata Nov 10 night on his motorcycle. The killers shot her on the way and threw her body into the forest.
- Another arrest in Shehla Masood murder case (Lead) - Mar 02, 2012
- Congress, CPI-M activists killed in Bengal - Dec 21, 2010
- Father, son kiiled in West Bengal attack - May 24, 2011
- Maharashtra corporator's killer nabbed in Lucknow - Jun 02, 2012
- Protest in Mumbai over Neeraj Grover judgement - Jul 03, 2011
- Pranab dons the priest's robe during Durga Puja - Oct 05, 2011
- Procession, candle-light vigil against Neeraj Grover judgement (Lead) - Jul 03, 2011
- Bengal farmers' killing: 44 CPI-M activists get life term - Nov 11, 2010
- Shehla Masood murder: Women architect, contract killer nabbed (Lead) - Feb 28, 2012
- Three murdered in West Bengal - Jul 10, 2010
- Clashes after Trinamool leader shot dead by CPI-M workers - Sep 07, 2010
- Murder accused MP Padamsinh Patil fined Rs.10,000 (Lead) - Jun 07, 2011
- Suchpur murder case: 44 CPI-M activists convicted - Nov 10, 2010
- Goa serial killer sentenced to life - Jun 10, 2011
- Jobs for party workers killed by CPI-M when Trinamool wins: Mamata - Sep 18, 2010