Cong, BJP let down people, says MayawatiNovember 9th, 2008 - 4:26 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, Nov 9 (IANS) Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister and Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP)supremo Mayawati Sunday hit out at the Congress-led Government at the Centre and Chhattisgarh’s Bharatiya Janata Party government for `ignoring the basic needs of common people’.”Poor and middle class are the worst sufferer of Congress government’s unchecked inflation while BJP in Chhattisgarh failed to improve people’s life quality mainly of scheduled caste (SC) and scheduled tribe (ST),” Mayawati told a public meeting in the state’s industrial city, Bhilai, 30 km from here.
She sought an opportunity from the people to let the BSP form a government in the state, claiming that only her party was committed to the poor and marginalized people.
The BSP is contesting all the 90 seats in the state. The party is concentrating on the state’s 29 seats reserved for ST and 10 seats for SC candidates.
Chhattisgarh has 32 percent ST and 12 percent SC population among the state’s total 20.08 million people.
The state goes to the polls Nov 14 for 39 seats and Nov 20 for the rest 51 seats.
- PM's all-party meet on promotions quota put off - May 22, 2012
- PM calls all-party meet May 23 over job quota - May 18, 2012
- Presidential polls: Fear of poaching haunts Chhattisgarh parties - Jul 10, 2012
- Rita Bahuguna's plea sent to high court chief justice - Nov 08, 2011
- Mayawati tries to gain foothold in Uttarakhand - Jan 25, 2012
- BSP trying to cover sins: BJP - Nov 21, 2011
- BJP to continue protest, unlikely to oblige on promotion quota bill - Sep 04, 2012
- BSP fears for Mayawati's safety, slams UPA and UP government - May 04, 2012
- Mayawati hits out at Congress for Khurshid's remarks - Feb 11, 2012
- BJP on ventilator in Uttar Pradesh: Rahul Gandhi - Nov 25, 2011
- Mayawati aims to build BSP base in Uttarakhand - Nov 30, 2010
- Quota bill in Rajya Sabha, SP, BSP lock horns (Second Lead) - Sep 05, 2012
- Uttar Pradesh set to vote amid hung house prediction - Feb 07, 2012
- Congress attacks Mayawati over Muslim quota - Dec 19, 2011
- Rajya Sabha adjourned over quotas in promotions - Aug 09, 2012