Confused Beth Ditto avoided make-up in schoolMay 14th, 2012 - 5:46 pm ICT by IANS
London, May 14 (IANS) Singer Beth Ditto, who loves experimenting with her looks, says she never wore make-up in high school because she was struggling with her sexuality.
“I grew up not wearing make-up at all. I was coming out as a lesbian and trying to make sense of what make-up was within feminism and questioning whether you could be particularly feminine and be a feminist - which was ridiculous. I had super, super short black hair and a lip ring. I was really into that look,” contactmusic.com quoted Ditto as saying.
However, Beth was still so obsessed with make-up that her friends asked her to help them get ready for prom and she even considered a career in beauty before she started a band.
Ditto has created her own line of beauty products for Mac.
- Beth Ditto impressed by Adele's voice - May 14, 2012
- Beyonce loves make-up - May 07, 2012
- Moss has prudish daughter - Oct 11, 2011
- Conrad penning beauty book - Oct 29, 2011
- Kate Middleton best dressed bride, say Indian designers - Apr 29, 2011
- Marilyn Monroe is Longoria's style icon - Jun 24, 2012
- Bridal makeup: Less is more - Nov 13, 2011
- Demi Moore obsessed about her looks - Jan 01, 2011
- Nicki Minaj launches own make-up for cause - Feb 17, 2012
- The science behind Dame Elizabeth Taylor's beauty - Mar 24, 2011
- Sofia Vergara's Emmy makeup gets more coverage than her dress - Sep 19, 2011
- Less is more for Kate Winslet - Nov 12, 2011
- Beth Ditto in awe of Kate Moss - Sep 06, 2010
- No make-up for Mirren in 'The Temptest' - Mar 09, 2011
- Courteney Cox helms beauty blog - Jul 13, 2011