Concerned about ‘old comrade’ Anna’s health: Aruna RoyAugust 24th, 2011 - 1:58 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 24 (IANS) Aruna Roy, a member of the National Advisory Council (NAC) who has been critical of the Anna Hazare team’s Jan Lokpal bill, Wednesday came to meet the fasting septuagenarian and enquire about his health.
“We are old comrades and I have come here to enquire about his health. We are concerned about his health, want to see him healthy,” Roy told reporters on the ninth day of Hazare’s fast for a strong anti-graft Lokpal bill at the Ramlila Maidan here.
However, she refused to make any comments on the Jan Lokpal bill, or her version of the Lokpal bill.
Roy had said four days ago that Hazare’s indefinite fast to get the civil society’s version of the Lokpal bill passed was wrong. She also said that Hazare was “ill advised and it is wrong to undermine democratic institutions”.
Roy, a member of National Campaign for People’s Right to Information (NCPRI), had also criticised Anna’s version of the Lokpal bill.
Hazare has been drinking only water since Aug 16, when he started his fast.
He was arrested Aug 16 and taken to Tihar Jail. He was released the same day, but refused to come out. He shifted to Ramlila ground Aug 19 where he has been continuing his fast.
- Team Anna, other activists differ over Lokpal (Lead) - Aug 20, 2011
- Wrong to hijack democratic institutions: Aruna Roy - Aug 20, 2011
- PM ready for 'give and take' as Hazare continues fast (Roundup) - Aug 20, 2011
- Anna to move to Ramlila ground Friday - Aug 18, 2011
- Fasting Anna ready for talks, but on his Lokpal (Evening Lead) - Aug 21, 2011
- Fasting Hazare loses six kg - Aug 25, 2011
- Hazare attacks Chidambaram - Dec 11, 2011
- Chronology of an epochal fast - Aug 28, 2011
- Anna to continue his fast at Ramlila ground Friday (Second Lead) - Aug 18, 2011
- Will agitate again if bill not passed: Anna Hazare - Dec 13, 2011
- Government should send responsible representatives: Kejriwal - Aug 23, 2011
- Won't die till Jan Lokpal bill is passed: Hazare - Aug 27, 2011
- Hazare to reach Ramlila via Rajghat, India Gate (Lead) - Aug 19, 2011
- Government blinks, Anna on fast track (Intro Roundup) - Aug 18, 2011
- Anna to leave Tihar, hold fast at Ramlila ground (Lead) - Aug 18, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,