Complaint against Arundhati Roy for ‘glorifying’ MaoistsApril 12th, 2010 - 10:30 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, April 12 (IANS) A social worker has filed a complaint here against Booker prize winning writer Arundhati Roy for writing an article allegedly in an attempt to glorify the Maoists, police said Monday.
A Raipur-based social worker Vishwajeet Mittra has lodged a complaint with Telibandha police station here, alleging that Roy’s recently published article, “Walking with the Comrades” has glorified Maoists.
The complainant has also alleged that the contents of the article come under the purview of an offence under Chhattisgarh Special Public Security Act 2005, a law being described as “draconian” by human rights organisations.
Mittra has also sent his complaint to Chhattisgarh Governor Shekhar Dutt, Chief Minister Raman Singh and Director General of Police Vishwa Ranjan, seeking action against Roy.
Sources at the police headquarters said that the police department is investigating the complaint that was filed Saturday.
“If the police will not take action on my complaint then I will file a case against Roy in a local court,” Mittra told IANS
- Sedition complaint filed against Arundhati Roy in Punjab - Oct 27, 2010
- Ranchi court to hear Rahul, Arundhati remarks cases - Oct 26, 2010
- Activist seeks action against Rahul Gandhi, Arundhati Roy - Oct 28, 2010
- India urged to repeal sedition law - Jan 06, 2011
- Delhi court to decide on sedition charge against Roy, Geelani - Nov 27, 2010
- Man behind ink attack on minister evades arrest - Nov 09, 2010
- Free Binayak Sen: Delhi protestors demand - Dec 27, 2010
- Delhi court orders police to lodge FIR against Geelani, Roy - Nov 27, 2010
- Media should stop paying attention to persons like Arundhati: Congress - Oct 26, 2010
- Social activist files police complaint against Geelani, Arundhati Roy - Oct 29, 2010
- Don't feel safe in Chhattisgarh any more: Illina Sen - Jan 03, 2011
- Chhattisgarh DGP hits out at social activists supporting Maoists - Jun 05, 2010
- High Court seeks records in Binayak Sen conviction - Jan 07, 2011
- Petition against Arundhati, Geelani withdrawn - Jan 27, 2011
- Case against Ramdev: Court asks police to file reply - May 22, 2012
Tags: arundhati roy, booker prize, chief minister, complainant, comrades, director general, human rights, local court, maoists, offence, police department, police headquarters, police station, public security, purview, raipur, security act, social worker