Complainant in Hansraj ‘molestation’ withdraws caseAugust 20th, 2008 - 9:46 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 20 (IANS) A city court Wednesday allowed police to cancel a case related to alleged molestation of some Delhi University (DU) students in 2007 after a Hansraj College student withdrew her complaint.”As nothing had taken place in my presence, I am not in a position to identify either the girls or the persons who might have done something wrong. I have no objection if the case is cancelled,” the BA (English Honours) student, who gave the complaint in a fake name, told the court.
In September, a group of candidates appearing for an examination to select lower division clerks and police constables had allegedly molested some DU students near the Vishwavidyalaya Metro Station.
“As per the final report under Section 173 of the CrPC (Criminal Procedure Code), the principals of various colleges in the North Campus were contacted to find out the correctness of the complaint, even girl students were contacted but no one has mentioned anything about the identity of the miscreants,” Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Kanwaljeet Arora said on the basis of police inquiry report.
The incident had led to demonstrations by students, leading to suspension of the then station house officer (SHO) of the Mukherjee Nagar police station and two Delhi Police constables on the charges of insensitivity in dealing with the complaint.
In its order, the court also issued a warning to the girl, saying: “The complainant, who is a young girl and pursuing her graduation from a prestigious college of Delhi is directed to be careful in future and not be persuaded by undue and false claims of any person so as to request any public authority to take legal action against others.”
- Smooth ride for freshers at DU - Jul 21, 2011
- CBI probe demanded into Bihar girl's suicide - Sep 06, 2012
- Constable arrested for molesting minor - Feb 13, 2012
- Police station chief beats up constable, both face action - Aug 13, 2012
- Two held for molesting minors in Bengal - Sep 02, 2012
- They think we're easy target: Northeast youth in Delhi - Dec 08, 2010
- Student gangraped in moving car in Ghaziabad, 3 arrested (Lead) - Jan 17, 2011
- Elderly man held for molesting minor girl in Goa - Jun 21, 2012
- Anti-ragging vigil as Delhi University opens Wednesday - Jul 20, 2010
- Lawyers' strike in Delhi district courts - Sep 29, 2011
- Rajasthan student commits suicide after harassment - Apr 20, 2012
- Vigilance inquiry against four policemen - Mar 30, 2011
- Zohal seeks to quash charges against Pomersbach (Lead) - May 24, 2012
- Court allows IPL cricketer to sit for exam - May 15, 2012
- Raped Dalit teen immolates herself over police inaction - Sep 03, 2010