Common man must not be troubled: Northern Command chiefSeptember 26th, 2011 - 9:25 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, Sep 26 (IANS) The Indian Army’s Northern Command chief has asked the troops deployed along the Line of Control between India and Pakistan in Jammu and Kashmir to ensure that the common man is not harassed during anti-terrorist operations, an army release said Monday.
Lt. Gen. K.T. Parnaik was taking stock of the situation along the LoC north of Pir Panchal areas of Himalayan range, Gurez, Kupwara and Bandipore, where terrorists had made infiltration bids last month.
“We must ensure at all times that the common man is not harassed in any way,” an official release from the Northern Command said here.
“I know the task is onerous but I have full faith in your abilities,” the general said and added that there was need to “ensure zero human rights violations.”
The release said that the general was given a detailed briefing by senior commanders on measures being taken to maintain the sanctity of the Line of Control, prevent cross-border infiltration and conduct of counter-terrorist operations.
He expressed satisfaction over the strict vigil being maintained by the troops and appreciated the high level of synergy between the state government, army, other security and intelligence agencies, the release said.
- 'Kashmir counter-insurgency operations in more difficult phase' - Jan 10, 2012
- Indian Army reviews operational preparedness along Ladakh border - Oct 03, 2011
- Army commander visits forward areas on LoC - May 07, 2012
- Defence, home ministries to decide on AFSPA: Army - Jan 15, 2012
- We respect Kashmiris' concerns: Army commander (With image) - Dec 29, 2011
- Indian army chief visits J&K; - Jun 15, 2012
- Army chief visits Northern Command - May 23, 2012
- Antony visits forward posts in Kashmir - Jul 30, 2012
- Army chief visits Ladakh - Nov 05, 2011
- Omar, top army officer discuss Kashmir situation - Jan 16, 2011
- India monitoring border developments for national security: Krishna - Apr 06, 2011
- Can't rule out more border tunnels: Home secretary (Lead) - Aug 24, 2012
- Northern army commander visits India-China border, Siachen - Mar 10, 2011
- Antony calls for better synergy among security forces in Kashmir - Jul 28, 2012
- Pallam Raju reviews Kashmir security - May 11, 2011
Tags: command chief, common man, cross border, government army, human rights violations, india and pakistan, indian army, infiltration, intelligence agencies, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, loc, panchal, pir, sanctity, state government, strict vigil, synergy, taking stock, terrorist operations