Common admission test for B-schools nowDecember 5th, 2011 - 11:59 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 5 (IANS) In a step that may reduce hassles for management course aspirants, a single common admission test for management courses will be held for the first time in 2012.
The test, named Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) will be held by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) for admission to various management schools.
The fate of the Common Admission Test (CAT) that is annually held by the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) is not clear yet.
So far, admission to B-schools has been largely based on the results of CAT and Management Aptitude Test (MAT). A number of other exams are also held by different colleges and universities.
“This initiative has been taken to address the issue of physical, mental and financial stress being imposed on the students through number of entrance examinations conducted by the institutions for admission to management programs in AICTE-approved institutions based on relevant judgments in the Hon’ble Supreme Court,” a statement from human resource development ministry said.
The Common Management Admission Test (CMAT)-2012 will be conducted online in 61 cities from Feb 20 to Feb 28, 2012, and scores awarded will be used for admission in the post-graduate management programs both at the degree and diploma level, all over India for year 2012-13.
The ministry has also asked the respective secretaries of the state dealing with technical education and vice chancellors of the universities to use the merit list of CMAT-2012 for admission of students in the AICTE approved management institutions for academic year 2012-13.
- Dual, integrated management courses for students - Apr 12, 2012
- IIM-Lucknow to help train SC, ST candidates - Sep 07, 2012
- Zero in exam? In Andhra, you can still get admission - Jul 07, 2012
- IIMs want more girls, non-engineering students - Nov 15, 2010
- New pattern but no surprises on day one of CAT - Oct 22, 2011
- Framework for vocational education launched - Feb 07, 2012
- Hardwork and dedication the mantra to crack CAT, say toppers - Jan 12, 2012
- War of words over Jairam Ramesh slamming IITs, IIMs (Lead) - May 24, 2011
- IITs, IISc to use CAT 2011 for MBA admissions - Aug 29, 2011
- CAT phase-II ends, over 6,500 take test (Lead) - Jan 31, 2010
- IIMs to take decision on online CAT after Dec 7 - Dec 03, 2009
- CAT phase-II ends, over 6,500 take test Sunday - Jan 31, 2010
- Online CAT is here to stay: IIM committee - Dec 02, 2009
- (HOLD) Kamat was aware of illegal mining: Shah commission - Sep 08, 2012
- Tamil Nadu rejects engineering admission norms - May 04, 2011
Tags: aicte, b schools, cmat, common admission test, common admission test cat, common management, development ministry, diploma level, financial stress, graduate management programs, human resource development, india council, indian institutes of management, management admission test, management aptitude test, management institutions, management schools, merit list, vice chancellors, year 2012