Commission to remove B-school from fake university listJune 27th, 2008 - 11:14 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 27 (IANS) The University Grants Commission (UGC) Friday agreed before the Delhi High Court to remove the name of Indian Institute of Planning and Management (IIPM) from the list of fake universities on its website. The IIPM also agreed to make it clear in its advertisements that the institute offers only certificate courses.
The institute would also clarify that its courses were aimed at making the students eligible for degree courses like MBA and BBA provided under International Management Institute (IMI), Belgium.
The IIPM moved the court after the UGC, in its website, listed it under “fake university alerts”.
Justice Rajiv Shakdher, in an interim order, had asked both UGC and IIPM to continue the arrangement till the final disposal of the writ petition and posted the matter for Aug 28.
The IIPM stated that it does not give any degrees and the move by the regulatory agency calling it ‘fake’ is unethical.
“You consult your respective clients (IIPM and UGC) on this issue and inform the court about possible settlement,” a vacation bench of Justice Rajiv Shakdher had said earlier.
IIPM counsel A.S. Chandiok said: “We just impart financial training and do not give out any degrees. But such a categorisation is not correct and could give out wrong signals.”
- Court asks B-school, commission to settle recognition issue - Jun 23, 2008
- B-school contests unrecognised university label - Jun 20, 2008
- Court notice to Delhi University on teachers' attendance - Aug 29, 2012
- Seven things to look at before you walk into a college (Comment) - Jun 19, 2011
- Fake degree racket busted, two held - Jun 24, 2011
- Court issues notice to centre on filling UGC chairman seat - Sep 05, 2012
- Thampu qualified to head St. Stephen's College: Court (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Finalise content of rural medical course, court tells MCI - Aug 09, 2012
- Court questions Delhi University on Ph.D. admission (Lead) - Sep 14, 2011
- Finalise rural medical course, court tells MCI (Lead) - Aug 10, 2012
- High court refuses to stay "Shanghai" release - Jun 06, 2012
- Blacklisted Israel Military Industries moves Delhi High Court - May 06, 2012
- Notice to DU, St. Stephen's on principal's appointment - Aug 01, 2012
- No disclosure of names of donors to PM's relief fund: Court - Jul 06, 2012
- Court issues notice over taxing internet-based firms (Lead) - Jun 06, 2012