Comedy, romance, action to hit the box-office Friday (IANS Preview)June 13th, 2011 - 9:22 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 13 (IANS) His flawless performance as an irritating guest in the 2007 movie “Bheja Fry” is still remembered by one and all. Vinay Pathak is once again set to take the audiences on a laugh riot with the sequel “Bheja Fry 2″, which releases Friday, along with “Always Kabhi Kabhi” and crime thriller “Bhindi Baazaar Inc”.
The impeccable chemistry between Rajat Kapoor, Vinay and Ranvir Shorey in the film made “Bheja Fry” a big hit among the audiences. However, the sequel doesn’t have Rajat and Ranvir - they have been replaced by Kay Kay and Suresh Menon.
Minissha Lamba too features in the comedy, produced by Mukul Deora and directed by Sagar Ballary.
The story revolves around good-hearted but not worldly-wise tax inspector Bharat Bhushan, who wants to fulfil his long cherished dream of becoming a singer. To make his dream a reality, he enters a game show hoping to win a cash prize with which he will make his own music album.
Eventually, Bhushan goes on to win the competition. Apart from the cash prize he also gets a free cruise trip, during which he meets sadistic business mogul Ajit Talwar (Kay Kay Menon) who is attempting to avoid income tax officials. Due to oddball circumstances owing to mistaken identity, Bhushan and Talwar are left stranded on a deserted island. The story gets interesting as both of them try to find a way out from the island.
Vinay is also making his singing debut with “Bheja Fry 2″. The song titled “Oh Rahi Rahi” is based on the 1960s theme and is filmed entirely in black and white.
While “Bheja Fry” had a shoestring budget of Rs.52 lakh, “Bheja Fry 2″ is said to be made “at a budget 20 times more than the original”. It will be released with 450 to 500 prints.
If you are looking for romance, then badshah of Bollywood Shah Rukh Khan’s production venture “Always Kabhi Kabhi” is the one.
Set in a school, “Always Kabhi Kabhi” is about four youngsters trying to compete with the pressure of growing up and the many firsts that everyone experiences in high school. It stars Zoa Morani, Ali Fazal, Satyajeet Dubey and Giselle Monteiro, popularly known as Harleen Kaur of “Love Aajkal”.
Shah Rukh will be seen in a cameo appearence in a song in the film. The small-budget film is directed by TV host-turned-director Roshan Abbas and is produced under Shah Rukh’s banner Red Chillies Entertainment.
Ankush Bhatt’s long delayed film “Bhindi Baazaar Inc” will bring the thrill element at the box office.
Made on a budget of about Rs.4.50 crore, the film revolves around pickpocketers and how they use their intelligence and spontaneity to survive in the risky profession. Written by Ghalib Asad Bhopali and Kapil Gulati, the film starts with a game of chess and shows how a nobody from nowhere uses his brains and wits to make his way to the top.
The cast of the film includes Kay Kay Menon, Deepti Naval, Pawan Malhotra, Prashant Narayan, Shilpa Shukla, Vedita Pratap Singh and Piyush Mishra. International pop diva Jennifer Lopez’s cousin, Caterina Lopez, will also make her Bollywood debut with an item song in the movie.
- Vinay Pathak turns singer with 'Bheja Fry 2' (Lead, Correcting year in opening para) - May 31, 2011
- Vinay Pathak makes singing debut with 'Bheja Fry 2' - May 31, 2011
- Ranvir-Vinay in an Indianised 'Ocean's 11' - May 15, 2011
- Vinay Pathak misses Ranvir Shorey in 'Bheja Fry 2' - Jun 14, 2011
- Monkey gets celebrity treatment on 'Bheja Fry 2' sets - Jun 13, 2011
- 'Bheja Fry 2' cruises the fun, but too long (IANS Movie Review - Ratng: ***) - Jun 17, 2011
- 'Bhindi Baazaar. Inc.' release postponed till June 10 - May 05, 2011
- 'Our cinema is creating literature for India' - Dec 12, 2011
- Marketing has taken over content in Bollywood: Kay Kay Menon - May 26, 2011
- 'Bhindi Baazaar Inc' to now release June 17 - Jun 02, 2011
- In 'Bheja Fry 2', idiot's journey continues abroad: Director - Feb 12, 2011
- Chubby cheeks sell! Vinay piles on kilos for 'Bheja Fry 2' (With Images) - May 10, 2011
- I might join politics in future, not now: Mukul Deora (With Image) - May 18, 2011
- 'Bheja Fry 2' - Minissha's Sunday treat - Jun 19, 2011
- 'Bheja Fry 2 was never supposed to star Rajat Kapoor' - Sep 10, 2010
Tags: bharat bhushan, comedy romance, crime thriller, cruise trip, deora, deserted island, flawless performance, free cruise, kay kay, kay kay menon, laugh riot, minissha lamba, rajat kapoor, shah rukh khan, shoestring budget, suresh menon, talwar, tax inspector, tax officials, vinay pathak