Comedian Raju Shrivastava gets threat calls for poking fun at DawoodJanuary 30th, 2009 - 10:40 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Jan 30 (IANS) The police have tightened security around popular comedian Raju Shrivastava after he received threat calls from Pakistan for making fun of underworld don Dawood Ibrahim, the entertainer’s manager said here Friday.”Over a month ago, Raju received several threatening calls. The anonymous caller warned him of dire consequences if he did not stop poking fun at Pakistan and cracking jokes on Dawood Ibrahim on his TV shows and stage programmes,” Raju’s business manager Rajesh Sharma told IANS.
Initially, Raju and his family - who live in Oshiwara here - considered these as crank calls and did take them seriously. In the past one month or so, however, Raju received over 10 such calls, Sharma added.
The crime branch, which apparently has tapped the calls, has provided additional security to the comedian.
“A few months ago, Raju had received some local threats and he was given police security for a brief period,” said Sharma.
Raju, who started in Bollywood playing bit roles, achieved national fame after winning STAR One’s “Laughter Challenge” show a couple of years back. He is now a regular on several comedy shows on TV channels as well as stage shows all over India.
- Zulqarnain in UK police protective custody following 'threatening calls from Pak' claims - Apr 21, 2011
- US slaps sanctions against Chhota Shakeel, Tiger Memon (Lead) - May 16, 2012
- US sanctions Dawood aides Chhota Shakeel, Tiger Memon - May 16, 2012
- Nepal dailies receive threats after media baron's murder - Feb 13, 2010
- Chopper case: Romesh Sharma gets 10-year jail - Jul 23, 2012
- Zulqarnain confirms he'll return to Pakistan on Sunday despite getting threats on phone - Apr 22, 2011
- Chopper case: Romesh Sharma gets 10-year jail (Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
- Chopper case: Bail for suspected Dawood aide Romesh Sharma (Lead) - Oct 18, 2011
- Bollywood formula: Controversy plus buzz equals publicity (Feature) - Aug 20, 2011
- Probe ordered into threats to Geo TV journalist - Dec 22, 2011
- I feel more confident now: 'Star Ya…' winner Mansi Parekh - Dec 11, 2011
- Shahrukh's Bungalow Become Chhota Shakeel's Target - Nov 04, 2010
- Most wanted terror error: CBI deletes fugitive's profile - May 18, 2011
- Bhavnaonko Samjho with Sunil Pal - Jan 08, 2010
- Fatwas outrageous, laugh for sanity: Iranian writer (Interview) - Jan 23, 2012