Come to Bihar after becoming president, Nitish tells PranabJuly 2nd, 2012 - 5:26 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, July 2 (IANS) Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar Monday said he has requested United Progressive Alliance (UPA) presidential candidate Pranab Mukherjee to visit Bihar first after getting elected as the President of India.
“I have requested and invited UPA presidential candidate Pranab Mukherjee to visit Bihar first after getting elected as the president,” Kumar told reporters.
“Bihar is the land of the first president of the country, so Pranab Mukherjee will visit Bihar first,” he said.
“Our party Janata Dal (United) is supporting Pranab Mukherjee as an individual leader and a politician with the longest experience. We are not supporting the UPA,” Kumar said.
“We also supporting him because he will be the first president from Bengal,” Kumar said and added that Bihar and Bengal share a strong and close relationship.
- Nitish Kumar congratulates Pranab, invites him to Bihar - Jul 22, 2012
- Nitish may back Ansari as vice president (Lead) - Jul 11, 2012
- Patnaik accuses Pranab of buying support - Jul 02, 2012
- President to visit Bihar early October - Aug 30, 2012
- President to launch Bihar agriculture map - Jul 26, 2012
- Jaswant Singh is NDA's vice presidential candidate (Second Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- Nitish likely to support Ansari for vice president - Jul 11, 2012
- Jaswant Singh is NDA choice for vice president (Roundup) - Jul 16, 2012
- Nitish, Modi don't vote - Jul 19, 2012
- Kalam out of presidential fight, BJP, Mamata red-faced (Roundup) - Jun 18, 2012
- JD-U is with Jaswant Singh: Nitish - Jul 16, 2012
- Nitish attacks Modi as Shiv Sena backs Pranab (Roundup) - Jun 19, 2012
- Gakari asks party functionaries, allies to exercise restraint - Jun 26, 2012
- Trinamool should support Pranab to save face: Congress - Jul 16, 2012
- War rages in Bihar between BJP, JD-U (Bihar Newsletter) - Jun 23, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , ,