Combing operation for man-eating tiger in Uttar PradeshNovember 14th, 2008 - 4:52 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Nov 14 (IANS) A man-eating tiger has strayed into a village in Uttar Pradesh’s Pilibhit district, following which the state forest department has launched an intensive combing operation, officials said Friday.”We are making all-out efforts to trap the tiger, which is hiding in sugarcane fields in Bilsanda village in Pilibhit,” divisional forest officer (DFO) Pramod Kumar told IANS by phone.
He said elephants have also been deployed to drive the tiger away from the village in Pilibhit, over 250 km from here.
Even as a youth was reported killed by the tiger Nov 10, forest officials confirmed the death Thursday evening after recovering the body in the fields.
According to forest officials, the tiger has come from Pilibhit’s Dewaiya forest range, where one tiger was reported as per the tiger census in 2007.
“But, now it seems there are more tigers in the reserve. Probably, some tigers have migrated here from the nearby forest reserves,” said Kumar.
Pilibhit’s Mala forest range is home to about ten tigers.
- Tiger kills man in Uttar Pradesh - Jul 26, 2010
- Tiger kills young man in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 04, 2010
- Tiger kills man in Uttar Pradesh - Jul 28, 2010
- Woman killed by tiger in Uttar Pradesh - Nov 05, 2011
- Tiger found dead in Uttar Pradesh - Nov 12, 2010
- Tiger kills man in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 08, 2010
- Tigress kills man in Uttar Pradesh - Jan 06, 2011
- Tiger attacks girl in Uttar Pradesh village - Jan 04, 2010
- Leopard mauls six in Uttar Pradesh - Dec 25, 2010
- Another man killed by tiger in Uttar Pradesh - Jan 08, 2011
- 'Man-killer' tiger to be tranquilised - Aug 28, 2010
- Tiger kills man in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 24, 2010
- After tiger kills man, Uttar Pradesh villagers threaten forest staff - Feb 19, 2009
- Wild bisons injure six villagers in West Bengal district - Feb 24, 2011
- Tiger pugmarks found in Uttar Pradesh village (Lead) - Nov 25, 2008