Cologne wants Podolski backNovember 26th, 2008 - 6:37 pm ICT by IANS
Cologne, Nov 26 (DPA) Bundesliga club Cologne confirmed that they are planning to bring their long lost son Lukas Podolski back home to the club from Bayern Munich.Club president Wolfgang Overath and general manager Michael Meier said Tuesday night that Cologne have talked with the relevant parties and now wait for a signal from Munich on the future of the Germany striker.
“We have done our homework and will do everything to bring Lukas back home,” Overath told Cologne’s annual members meeting amid thunderous applause.
Meier said: “Talks were held recently between Cologne and Bayern Munich and between Cologne and Lukas. Now we are waiting for a signal.”
Podolski, 23, left Cologne for the reigning Bundesliga champions Munich in 2006 for 10 million euros on a contract until 2010.
But he failed to make a major impact there, has long been unhappy about his role as reserve player and said earlier this week he had told Munich officials he wanted to leave during the winter break.
Munich insist that no player is for sale during the January transfer window, but there is speculation that they only want to raise the price tag for the 60-times capped Podolski. A fee of 15 million euros has been mentioned in the media.
Cologne are reportedly talking to local investors to come up with the money for Podolski, who joined Cologne as a 10-year-old in 1995 and was loyal to the club in a second-division season 2005-06.
- German coach Loew drops Cacau from Euro 2012 squad - May 29, 2012
- Cologne agree to Arsenal's offer for Podolski - Mar 08, 2012
- Lukas Podolski heading back home to Cologne - Jan 19, 2009
- Podolski turns down riches to sign with Arsenal - Mar 09, 2012
- Podolski sets high targets on Cologne return - Jun 24, 2009
- Germany reveal provisional squad for Euro 2012 - May 08, 2012
- Bayern Munich to make pre-season trip to China - Jun 30, 2012
- Podolski agrees to terms with Arsenal - Feb 29, 2012
- Cologne relegated, Dortmund break Bundesliga record - May 06, 2012
- We are not the favourites: German soccer coach - Jun 02, 2012
- Wolfsburg appoint McClaren coach - May 11, 2010
- Stuttgart skipper Tasci out for the season - Apr 24, 2012
- Podolski plays down Arsenal move - Mar 11, 2012
- Bundesliga side Cologne sign Bochum striker Jong Tae-Se - Jan 31, 2012
- Loew calls up Hunt and Mueller for friendlies - Nov 06, 2009