College student jumps to death in Delhi hospital (Lead)January 5th, 2012 - 9:09 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 5 (IANS) Depressed over failing in an exam, a student of Zakir Hussain College jumped to his death from the third floor of a hospital where he was being treated after slashing his wrists in an unsuccessful suicide bid, police said Thursday.
Rocky Rai, 22, a third year B.Sc student hailing from Bihar’s Darbhanga district, ended his life around 10.30 p.m. Wednesday.
“He committed suicide by jumping off from the third floor of the LNJP (Lok Nayak Jayaprakash Narayan) Hospital,” a police officer said.
Rocky was living with his aunt at her house in Rajokri area of south Delhi.
“He had been depressed for some time after he failed an examination,” the officer said.
On Wednesday, around 10.15 a.m. he allegedly slashed his left wrist with a blade in the college premises and was rushed to hospital by a friend.
“In the hospital, doctors reported that before cutting his wrist he had taken some sedative. His condition had become normal in the hospital by evening and his relatives were with him,” said the officer.
“Around 10.30 p.m., his attendant raised an alarm when he could not find Rocky in the ward. An hospital employee found his body lying on the ground. He was rushed to emergency where he was declared dead,” the officer added.
- Delhi college student jumps to death in hospital - Jan 05, 2012
- Man commits suicide by jumping before Metro train - Mar 03, 2012
- Five people commit suicide in Delhi - Oct 07, 2011
- Bengal CPI-M legislator jumps to death (Lead) - May 30, 2011
- Class 9 boy jumps off building, dies - Sep 06, 2012
- Suicide bid at Delhi Metro station - Sep 06, 2012
- Delhi university student commits suicide - Apr 28, 2012
- Engineering girl student commits suicide - May 21, 2012
- Finn man commits suicide in Delhi - Apr 15, 2012
- 70-year-old man under debt jumps to death - Jan 25, 2011
- Retired employee tries suicide outside Rajasthan court - May 03, 2012
- Youth falls from Delhi shopping mall, critical - Aug 31, 2012
- Man jumps from seventh floor after heart surgery - Dec 16, 2010
- Retired IIT professor kills self in Delhi - Oct 22, 2011
- Woman commits suicide, six held in dowry case - Jun 14, 2012
Tags: blade, darbhanga district, hospital doctors, jayaprakash narayan, lok, lying on the ground, nayak, New Delhi, police officer, police said thursday, premises, rai, relatives, sedative, south delhi, suicide bid, zakir hussain