College principal killed for alleged assaultSeptember 10th, 2011 - 12:53 am ICT by IANS
Nashik (Maharashtra), Sep 9 (IANS) A college principal Friday succumbed to his injuries after he was brutally beaten up by relatives of three girls who alleged they were assaulted by him a day ago, police said.
According to police, Uttam Nagre, 41, the principal of V.N. Naik ITI College in Nashik city was passing by a lane close to his residence on a motorcycle when three girls were allegedly hurt by his motorcycle.
“Due to the installation of a Ganesh pandaal in the lane, it was crowded and there was hardly any space for a vehicle to move. Three girls standing there got hit by Nagre’s bike and later complained to their relatives,” investigation officer Manohar Dabhade told IANS.
Quoting Nagre’s wife Bharti who registered an FIR against the accused, Dabhade said that at least ten men barged into Nagre’s house and beat him up with punches and kicks. “They also put his head through a wall hurting his head severely. Nagre who was admitted in a local hospital breathed his last Friday morning,” Dabhade said.
“The accused had threatened to kill Nagre’s wife and children if they registered a police complaint. Bharti lodged an FIR after her husband died,” Dabhade added.
Bharti, in her complaint, has named seven accused, three of whom - Rangnath Nisal, Pintoo Nisal, Sadashiv alias Shendye More - have been arrested and are being questioned.
The incident took place at Tidke colony located close to Mumbai-Nashik Highway in south Nashik.
- Two school officials dismissed for negligence in rape case - Sep 26, 2011
- Police nabs youth who threw acid on girl's face - Feb 01, 2012
- Haryana librarian suspended for indecent behaviour - Sep 08, 2011
- School teacher missing after complaint of harassment(Lead) - Dec 06, 2010
- Sarpanch in Kashmir held for molesting girl - Sep 10, 2011
- Teenaged girl gang-raped in Pakistan - Oct 01, 2011
- Rape-accused NCP legislator held in Mumbai (Lead) - Feb 27, 2011
- BSP legislator among 5 booked in Etawah rape, suicide case - Jan 28, 2011
- Now, FIRs in Delhi go online - Feb 01, 2011
- Maharashtra readies for civic corporation polls - Feb 15, 2012
- NCP suspends legislator over rape charge - Feb 26, 2011
- Seniors shoot at junior for protesting ragging - Aug 30, 2011
- SRK learnt life's important lesson in Kashmir - Sep 03, 2012
- NCP suspends 'rapist' Maharashtra lawmaker - Feb 26, 2011
- They think we're easy target: Northeast youth in Delhi - Dec 08, 2010