Coca Cola, SOS Villages to take on rainwater harvestingJanuary 20th, 2009 - 8:10 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 20 (IANS) Coca Cola India and SOS Children’s Villages of India will jointly undertake rainwater harvesting to ensure sustainable water resources in 39 SOS villages across the country.”The Coca Cola Foundation of the US has granted $391,920 for the project and it has been forwarded to us by Coca Cola India,” SOS Children’s Villages of India president S. Sandilya told reporters Tuesday.
He said Coca Cola India will help in developing and monitoring the project, which is expected to complete in the next 12 months.
“It will touch the lives of about 6,000 children living in these villages,” he added.
The SOS Children’s Villages of India is a member of the SOS-Kinderdorf International that is operational in 132 countries and aims to support parentless and homeless children.
“We pursue a programme of reduce, recycle and replenish as our mantra of water conservation at all our facilities and the project will also raise awareness amongst children on water conservation,” Coca Cola India president and CEO Atul Singh said.
“We would also like to request other industries and corporate houses to come forward with similar projects,” he said.
- HCC among 10 global companies for green initiative - Jun 20, 2012
- Andhra to get third 'children's village' - Mar 12, 2012
- UN, Coca-Cola water project to impact a million people - Sep 04, 2012
- Tetra Pak India joins Coca-Cola-NDTV 'Support My School' campaign - Aug 07, 2012
- Coca-Cola India and World Vision to support rural schools in India - Jun 06, 2012
- Kerala children walk to support rural students - Sep 18, 2011
- Sachin inaugurates 100th transformed school - Jun 01, 2012
- SOS Children's Village model for homeless hailed - Oct 14, 2011
- Coca-Cola, Jain Irrigation to showcase modern mango farming in Andhra - Jul 24, 2012
- Coca-Cola India's 'Support My School' campaign wins Silicon Valley support - Aug 23, 2012
- Pearson India flags off rural school library project - Sep 05, 2011
- Coca-Cola, ISB to set up retail academy - Jan 10, 2011
- Sachin Tendulkar endorses 'Support My School' - Jan 24, 2011
- Coca-Cola delivery fleet goes green in Delhi - Jul 09, 2009
- US firms back 'Support My School' campaign in India - Dec 18, 2011