Coca Cola launches Fanta Apple nationallyFebruary 2nd, 2009 - 6:23 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 2 (IANS) After successfully introducing it in southern markets last year, beverage giant Coca Cola India Monday launched its fruit-flavoured soft drink ‘Fanta Apple’ nationally.The drink was initially introduced in the markets of Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu in October and December 2008, respectively.
Bollywood actress Genelia D’Souza, who was also announced as the new brand ambassador of the Fanta umbrella Monday, launched the drink nationally here.
“As per consumer research, we have found that after orange, apple is the most preferred fruit in the country and Fanta Apple has been developed specially for the Indian palate,” Coca Cola India (marketing) vice-president Venkatesh Kini told IANS.
“We have had an excellent response down south with a reused value to the drink and with the national launch of Fanta Apple, we are stepping stones to extend Coca Cola India’s market leadership in the fruit-flavoured sparkling drink segment,” he added.
The drink comes with the tagline ‘Go Bite’ and will be available across the country in a 200 and 300 millilitre returnable glass bottle packs, priced at Rs.8 and Rs.10 respectively.
The drink will be available in 600 ml PET bottle, priced at Rs.22.
- Coca-Cola launches Minute Maid juice range - Mar 28, 2011
- Beverage makers set for summer war in $10 bn market - Apr 09, 2012
- Coke's 'health' drink 'too sweet to be nutritious' - Jan 19, 2011
- Coca-Cola enters dairy segment - Aug 17, 2010
- Coca Cola plans to invest $5 billion in India by 2020 (Lead) - Jun 26, 2012
- New 'healthy' flavoured water has as much sugar as 3 doughnuts - Feb 21, 2011
- Now have vodka 'Masala Marke'! - May 13, 2011
- Coca-Cola eyes Olympic market in Russia - Sep 26, 2011
- Coca-Cola launches lemon fruit drink - Jan 18, 2010
- Coca-Cola reports 22 percent jump in India sales - Jul 21, 2010
- High acid levels in juices damaging kid's teeth - May 20, 2012
- Bottling firm to invest $1.1 bn in Colombia, Brazil - Mar 01, 2012
- Calidris 28 to launch health drinks in India - Apr 09, 2011
- Apple iPad available for Rs.27,900 in India - Jan 28, 2011
- Coca-Cola to take energy drink 'Burn' to top cities - May 05, 2010