Coca-Cola eyes Olympic market in RussiaSeptember 26th, 2011 - 9:36 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, Sep 26 (IANS) US soft drink giant Coca-Cola has launched a $120 million plant in south Russia to supply non-alcoholic beverages for the 2014 Winter Olympic Games in Sochi, the company said Monday.
The plant, the company’s 15th production facility in Russia, will have a capacity of 450 million decaliters of non-alcoholic beverages a year and will be located some 20 km from Rostov-on-Don, the company said in a statement, Xinhua reported.
Coca-Cola along with its bottling partner, Coca-Cola Hellenic, will invest in Russia more than $3 billion from 2012 to 2016, Coca-Cola Chairman and CEO Muhtar Kent was quoted as saying in a statement.
- Coca-Cola opens $120 mn plant for 2014 Winter Olympics - Sep 26, 2011
- Coca-Cola to set up three new plants in China - Apr 28, 2010
- Coca Cola plans to invest $5 billion in India by 2020 (Lead) - Jun 26, 2012
- Mexican bottler to build $140 mn plant in Brazil - Dec 07, 2011
- Coca Cola to to invest $5 billion in India by 2020 - Jun 26, 2012
- Coca-Cola plans to invest $1 bn in Mexico in 2012 - Jan 30, 2012
- Coke has no alcohol in it, says manufacturer - Feb 17, 2011
- Coca-Cola reassures product safety in China - May 01, 2012
- India, China sales boost Coca-Cola profits - Feb 10, 2010
- Coca-Cola sales rise 20 percent in India - Jul 17, 2012
- Coke profits soar to $6.8 bn riding India, China sales (Lead) - Feb 10, 2010
- Coke's secret recipe shifted to a new abode - Dec 13, 2011
- Coca-Cola to invest $5 bn in Mexico - Aug 22, 2009
- Coca-Cola, Jain Irrigation to showcase modern mango farming in Andhra - Jul 24, 2012
- Government to introduce new food standardisation norms (With Images) - Sep 21, 2012
Tags: 2014 winter olympic games, ceo, coca cola, hellenic, muhtar kent, non alcoholic beverages, olympic games, rostov on don, russia moscow, sochi, soft drink giant, south russia, winter olympic games, xinhua