Coast Guard conducts pollution response exerciseDecember 10th, 2008 - 9:20 pm ICT by IANS
Jagatsinghpur (Orissa), Dec 10 (IANS) The Indian Coast Guard Wednesday conducted an exercise off the Orissa coast near the port town of Paradip to assess the response to oil spill and other pollutions, an official said.The exercise was conducted to assess and analyse the real-time situation of oil spill and pollution response capabilities of the Coast Guard, Paradip Port Trust and oil companies.
“We do this from time to time with an aim to demonstrate the capabilities of different types of pollution response equipments held by the coast guard,” a Coast Guard official said.
The Coast Guard pressed into service three ships - Sagar, Razia Sultana, Sarojini Naidu - and one Coast Guard helicopter for the exercise.
The exercise includes assessment of oil spill dispersant and pollution control equipment fitted on board ships of Indian Coast Guard and the Paradip Port Trust.
Representatives of various oil agencies also participated in the exercise.
- Mongolian ship causing no ecological damage - Sep 22, 2009
- Mumbai oil spill decreasing: Defence ministry - Aug 08, 2011
- Mumbai oil spill decreasing, say officials (Lead) - Aug 08, 2011
- India-Japan coast guards' deep sea mock drill ends - Jan 30, 2012
- Manmohan Singh seeks report on Mumbai oil spill - Aug 09, 2010
- Divers to attempt plug oil leak from sunken ship - Aug 10, 2011
- Oil spill disaster is a wake up call for port authorities of the country, says Vikhe Patil - Aug 09, 2010
- India reviews readiness to tackle oil spills - Jun 18, 2010
- Fresh oil from sunken ship blackening Orissa coastline: experts (With Images) - Oct 06, 2009
- Andhra-based company to plug holes of sunken ship - Sep 27, 2009
- Efforts on to douse fire in cargo ship off Mumbai, no casualties - Sep 10, 2012
- Indian Navy, Coast Guard making frantic efforts as Mumbai oil slick spreads - Aug 09, 2010
- Antony to chair meeting on ship incidents - Aug 08, 2011
- New jetty at Paradip port becomes operational - Nov 26, 2009
- Central team reaches Paradip to inspect capsized ship - Sep 26, 2009