‘Coalition politics future governance mantra in India’May 2nd, 2012 - 10:20 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, May 2 (IANS) Union Health Minister and former Jammu and Kashmir chief minister Ghulam Nabi Azad Wednesday said the political scenario of the country indicates coalition governments are going to be the order of the day in the future.
Addressing a Congress rally in Devsar town of south Kashmir’s Anantnag district, Azad said: “The political scenario in the country seems to favour coalition governments in the future. Single party rule now appears to be difficult. It is going to be highly difficult for any single political party to get enough support to form a government on its own.”
He said that in line with “this spirit of participative politics”, the Congress had aligned with the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) in Jammu and Kashmir in the past. “Together, the Congress and the PDP worked for peace and now it is the duty of the Congress-National Conference (NC) coalition to carry forward the peace agenda and work for the development and prosperity of people.”
Azad said the present Congress-NC coalition government headed by Chief Minister Omar Abdullah would last its full six year term in the state.
“I have said it many times in the past and I repeat it today that the present Congress-NC coalition government in the state would last its full six year term,” he said.
Senior Congress leaders, including state Deputy Chief Minister Tara Chand and state Minister for Public Enterprises Peerzada Sayeed, also attended the rally.
- PDP government delivered better with only 16 legislators: Mehbooba - Dec 13, 2011
- Mufti calls for regime change in Jammu and Kashmir - Aug 12, 2012
- Azad lambasts National Conference, PDP alike - Apr 19, 2012
- Credibility of J&K; regime at lowest: Mufti - Sep 01, 2012
- PDP scripted new chapter in Kashmir's history: Mufti - Mar 25, 2012
- PDP disrupts Kashmir assembly over corruption - Feb 24, 2012
- Peerzada says Sonia rejected his resignation - Feb 11, 2012
- Rotational chief minister decision upto 'high command': Soz - Dec 17, 2011
- Farooq cautions Congress on PDP's designs - Nov 27, 2011
- Omar has reduced AFSPA issue to gimmickry: Mufti - Nov 28, 2011
- Committed to equal growth in all Kashmir regions: PDP - Nov 30, 2011
- Kashmir minister says Sonia rejected resignation letter (Lead) - Feb 11, 2012
- Revocation of AFSPA inevitable: Mufti Sayeed - Nov 11, 2011
- Peerzada's ouster a dark shadow on Congress in Valley (Kashmir Newsletter) - Feb 11, 2012
- Mufti Sayeed accuses National Conference of 'double standards' - Sep 24, 2011
Tags: anantnag, chand, coalition government, coalition governments, coalition politics, congress leaders, deputy chief minister, ghulam nabi azad, health minister, jammu and kashmir, nabi, nc coalition, peace agenda, political scenario, sayeed, single party, south kashmir, srinagar, state deputy, state minister