Coal trader shot dead, Rs. 1.2 million robbedDecember 24th, 2008 - 8:17 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, Dec 24 (IANS) A coal trader was shot and robbed of Rs.1.2 million in cash by unidentified assailants in Jharkhand Wednesday, the police said. Mohit Mohini Lal, a resident of Kolkata, arrived in Dhanbad by train Wednesday morning. Lal then hired a car and collected money from coal traders in the area, according to the police.
When Lal was returning to Dhanbad from Nirsa block, some 240 km from here, his car was intercepted by four unidentified assailants on two motorcycles.
The assailants demanded the bag containing the money from Lal, and when he refused to hand it over, they fired at him indiscriminately. Lal died on the spot and the driver sustained serious injuries, whereas the passenger sitting next to Lal escaped unhurt, the police said.
A search has been launched to nab the assailants, the police said.
- Rs.100 crore seized from accounts of contractor, kin - Nov 24, 2011
- Mother, child among 4 killed in Jharkhand accident - Jan 10, 2011
- Four murders in Delhi over a few hours - Sep 18, 2009
- Three girls injured as ceiling plaster falls on them - Sep 13, 2011
- Four murders in Delhi in 12 hours (Lead) - Sep 18, 2009
- Two injured as chain snatcher opens fire in Delhi - Jun 28, 2012
- Rs 2.17 lakh looted from SBI branch in Dhanbad - Oct 12, 2010
- Maoist dies in Jharkhand police station - Nov 17, 2010
- Bomb at Jharkhand railway station, Maoists suspected - Oct 13, 2010
- Three die in Jharkhand mine collapse - May 26, 2012
- Part of looted money recovered in Ranchi - Dec 31, 2011
- Man robbed at gunpoint, three car thefts in Noida - Sep 08, 2010
- Gold items worth crores robbed in Delhi - Jun 22, 2011
- North Korean robbed of $100,000 in Moscow - Jul 18, 2012
- Businessman killed in Delhi - Oct 21, 2011