Cloudy day in Delhi, rains expected Sunday (Lead)July 14th, 2012 - 8:25 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 14 (IANS) The weather remained cloudy and pleasant in Delhi Saturday with light rains occurring in some parts of the city. The met office has forecast more showers Sunday.
According to the India Meteorological Department (IMD), the city received 0.1 mm of rainfall from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Saturday.
The day’s maximum and minimum temperatures settled at 33 degrees Celsius and 25.7 degrees Celsius respectively, both a notch below average.
The humidity levels wavered between a high of 97 and a low of 60 percent.
“The skies will remain cloudy tomorrow (Sunday) and some parts of the city will receive light rains,” said the IMD official.
The maximum and minimum temperatures are expected to hover around 35 and 26 degrees.
Delhi was lashed by heavy rains Thursday and Friday bringing much needed respite from the heat. The city had witnessed sporadic rains since the monsoon hit Saturday.
The capital received a total of 15.6 mm of rainfall from 8:30 a.m. Friday to 8:30 a.m. Saturday.
Several roads had submerged due to the downpour Friday evening leading to traffic snarls.
Fridyas’ maximum temperature was 33 degrees Celsius, while the minimum was 27.4 degrees Celsius, a notch above average for the season.
- Cloudy day in Delhi, light showers expected - Jul 28, 2012
- Windy morning in Delhi, rains expected - Aug 13, 2012
- Sultry morning in Delhi, rain likely - Sep 09, 2012
- Pleasant day in Delhi, light rain expected Saturday (Lead) - Apr 27, 2012
- Light rain expected in Delhi - Sep 10, 2012
- Cloudy day in Delhi, showers ahead - Sep 08, 2012
- Hot, sweltering day for Delhi - Jun 28, 2012
- Heavy rains lash capital on I-Day (Second Lead) - Aug 15, 2011
- Muggy Sunday morning in Delhi, rains likely - Jul 22, 2012
- Rains again elude Delhi Sunday, likely Monday (Lead) - Jul 29, 2012
- Rain in Delhi, more likely - Sep 04, 2012
- Humid, cloudy Sunday in Delhi; rains likely Monday (Lead) - Jul 08, 2012
- Rain eludes Delhi Sunday, 43 percent deficit so far (Lead) - Jul 15, 2012
- Heavy rains lash parts of Delhi, more expected Friday (Lead) - Jul 12, 2012
- Thundershowers lash Delhi, more rain predicted (Lead) - Apr 10, 2012
Tags: cloudy day, degrees celsius, downpour, friday evening, heavy rains, humidity levels, india meteorological department, july 14, light rains, maximum temperature, minimum temperatures, monsoon, New Delhi, notch, rainfall, respite from, showers, traffic snarls, weather