Clouds cover Delhi, temperature likely to riseDecember 17th, 2008 - 12:15 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 17 (IANS) Clouds that covered the capital Wednesday morning brought some respite from the chilly winds that had been blowing for the last two days. The weathermen said the minimum temperature is likely to rise.”The sky over the capital will remain cloudy for another day, and the night temperature is likely to increase,” a meteorological department official said.
Visibility at the Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGIA) was normal and flights were reported to be running on time.
The minimum temperature of 10.3 degrees Celsius Wednesday was one degree above normal while the maximum temperature settled at 24.4 degrees Celsius.
“The temperature is likely to increase further in the next one or two days in the capital following a western disturbance,” the official said.
The meteorological department has forecast rain or snow at a few places in Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir and Uttarakhand.
- Scorching Saturday in Delhi, no respite Sunday (Lead) - Jun 30, 2012
- Week starts on scorching note for Delhi (Lead) - Jun 25, 2012
- Pleasant day in Delhi, cloudy Wednesday expected (Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- Cloudy morning, clear day for Delhi - Feb 08, 2012
- Delhi may see rains on Independence Day - Aug 15, 2012
- Sunny morning in Delhi, rain likely - May 13, 2012
- Pleasant morning in Delhi, rain in store - Apr 12, 2012
- Cloudy sky, rain for Delhi - Jan 16, 2012
- Delhi to have cooler Thursday, rains likely in some parts - Jul 05, 2012
- Cold day in Delhi (Lead) - Feb 08, 2012
- Hot, cloudy day in Delhi (Lead) - Apr 03, 2012
- Cloudy skies, cooler day in capital (Lead) - Mar 06, 2012
- Cloudy morning in Delhi, thundershowers likely - Nov 22, 2010
- Delhi shivers on Lohri, clear day ahead (Lead) - Jan 13, 2012
- Warm, cloudy day in Delhi; rains likely - Sep 12, 2011