Cloudburst blocks Chandigarh-Manali highwayAugust 6th, 2011 - 1:55 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, Aug 6 (IANS) Hundreds of vehicles were stranded on the Chandigarh-Manali National Highway-21 due to massive landslides triggered by a cloudburst early Saturday near Himachal Pradesh’s Mandi town, police said.
However, no casualty was reported. “The highway has been blocked at a number of places. Work has been on to reopen it,” Superintendent of Police P.D. Prasad told IANS.
He said efforts are on to divert the traffic from alternate routes. This is the second cloudburst in the hill state in less than a fortnight. Four people were killed and 22 injured in a cloudburst in upper Manali July 20.
- Chandigarh-Manali highway reopens (Lead) - Aug 06, 2011
- Himachal may see heavy rains, rivers in spate - Aug 19, 2012
- Rohtang Pass reopens for traffic - Aug 06, 2012
- Hundreds of tourists stranded in Himachal Pradesh - Aug 20, 2012
- 39 people have died in Himachal rains - Sep 10, 2011
- Chandigarh-Manali highway closed after landslides - Sep 10, 2009
- More snow, Shimla records season's lowest temperature - Jan 09, 2012
- Incessant rains in Himachal, rivers in spate - Aug 21, 2012
- Traffic resumes on Manali-Chandigarh highway after a landslide blockage - Aug 06, 2010
- Manali-Rohtang Pass closed after cloudburst - Aug 04, 2012
- Himachal likely to get 50,000 weekend tourists - Aug 09, 2012
- Over 100 snow-stranded people in Himachal rescued - Sep 10, 2009
- Himachal in line for more snow (Lead) - Jan 10, 2012
- Himachal gets relief from heavy rains - Sep 13, 2009
- Himachal rivers in spate, alert sounded - Jul 07, 2010