Clothes stolen from Nafisa Ali’s boutiqueDecember 7th, 2010 - 8:44 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 7 (IANS) A gang of five persons, including two women, decamped with expensive suits worth Rs.2.5 lakh from actor-activist Nafisa Ali’s newly-opened boutique in south Delhi, police said Tuesday.
Nafisa said the six were “middle-aged and a little overweight” and came to the shop Monday. Only a tailor and a saleswoman were present at the time.
The newly-opened boutique, called Appna, is located in Meharchand Market near south Delhi’s Lodhi Colony, barely 500 metres from the police station.
“First, two men came to the shop. They checked out some clothes but did not buy anything, saying the clothes were expensive. Later, the duo came with three more persons, including two women,” she said.
“They pretended not to know each other. They engaged the saleswoman and confused her by talking about prices. One of them then went upstairs. They asked the tailor to get them some mineral water and gave him some money,” she said.
The gang then hid some suits under their sweaters and fled in a Maruti car.
“Nobody could suspect them because they were overweight,” Nafisa said.
A case has been registered and investigations are on, a police officer said.
- Lindsay Lohan Settles Boutique Case From Rehab - Aug 21, 2010
- Boutique Suing Lindsay Lohan For Unpaid Bills - Jul 01, 2010
- Rs.12 lakh jewellery stolen from Lucknow shop - May 17, 2012
- Burglars break through shop wall, loot cash - Mar 31, 2011
- Robbery in east Delhi - Feb 09, 2011
- Julia Gillard's fashion choices trigger debate Down Under - Jul 11, 2010
- German Supermarket scores with its nudist gimmick - Jun 18, 2012
- Man arrested for thefts at marriage functions - Dec 07, 2010
- 13 killed in Iraq violence - Mar 13, 2012
- Indian tycoons to buy 'world's most expensive suit' - Dec 11, 2010
- Shoe store suing LiLo over unpaid bills - Jul 01, 2010
- Indian designer Ritesh Kumar at Milan Fashion Week - Sep 25, 2011
- Spain busts gang that ripped off drug dealers - May 11, 2012
- Masked robbers loot over Rs.5 lakh in Kashmir - Aug 17, 2011
- Lively's shopping getaway with beau - Jul 24, 2011
Tags: activist, delhi police, expensive suits, gang of five, lakh, lodhi, maruti car, middle aged, mineral water, nafisa ali, New Delhi, overweight, police officer, police station, s boutique, saleswoman, south delhi, sweaters, tailor, two women