Class four student run over in DelhiJuly 27th, 2012 - 1:31 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 26 (IANS) A class four student was crushed to death by a speeding school van here Thursday, police said.
The nine-year-old student, Mohammad Sarfaraz, who lived with his parents and three siblings at rented accommodation in west Dehli’s Nawada village, was crossing the road near Nawada Metro station when the accident took place around 7.20 a.m.
He was taken to Deen Dayal Upadhyay Hospital where doctors declared him dead.
The van driver managed to flee with the vehicle.
A case regarding the incident has been registered and hunt is on to nab him, said a police officer.
The incident came a day after a class 10 student died after his head hit an electric pole as he was leaning out of the window of his school bus at Punjabi Bagh area of west Delhi.
- Nine-year-old crushed to death - Jul 23, 2011
- Class 10 student dies in accident in Delhi - Jul 25, 2012
- Woman dies after jumping from metro station terrace - May 04, 2012
- Two dead, three injured in building collapse in Delhi - Jul 24, 2012
- Student commits suicide in Delhi - Jun 10, 2012
- Two killed in road accidents - Nov 20, 2011
- Woman commits suicide at Delhi metro station - Jun 04, 2012
- Four injured in wall collapse - Jan 29, 2012
- Four juveniles held for murder - Feb 28, 2011
- Elderly man tries suicide in Metro station, critically injured - Aug 15, 2012
- Crime capital records five rapes in three days - Feb 28, 2012
- Four dead in freak multi-vehicle accident (Lead) - Aug 06, 2011
- Builder shoots self in Delhi - Jan 17, 2011
- Child dies in roof collapse - Nov 28, 2010
- Patient jumps to death from hospital's fifth floor - Oct 10, 2011