Class five student’s ear drum ruptured as teachers beat himNovember 15th, 2008 - 3:21 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Nov 15 (IANS) Corporal punishment meted out to a class five student by his teachers at a government-run school in an Uttar Pradesh village ruptured his ear drum, officials said Saturday.Parents of the victim, who studies in Dayanand Gayatri Higher Secondary School in Katra village in Shahjahanpur district, some 170 kms from Lucknow, have alleged that teachers beat their son with sticks and slapped him, puncturing the eardrum.
In a complaint registered Saturday with the education authorities, the parents have alleged that their son was beaten following ‘false complaints’ made by some of the school students against him, officials said.
Some batch mates of the victim had Friday approached the school principal that the latter pushed them while they were going down the stairs. Following this, teachers had beaten up the student, they added.
The victim, who was undergoing treatment in a government hospital, has now been discharged.
When contacted, the district inspector of schools S.D. Sharma told IANS over phone: “An inquiry has been ordered into the inhuman incident. Strict action will be taken against all those involved in the case.”
Corporal punishment is banned in schools following the directions of the Supreme Court.
- China probes schoolgirl's suicidal jump - Nov 22, 2011
- Rouvanjit's death hasn't deterred beatings in Bengal schools - Aug 16, 2010
- Principal suspended for punishing girls - Mar 01, 2012
- Rajasthan to launch helpline for school kids - Apr 08, 2011
- Nine Assam school kids caned, government talks tough - Jun 13, 2010
- Dhaka to sensitise teachers against corporal punishment - May 29, 2011
- La Martiniere principal, 3 teachers held for boy's suicide (Lead) - Oct 04, 2010
- Our teachers were most caring, La Martiniere alumni spring to defence - Jun 22, 2010
- Delhi corporal punishment victim to be compensated - Mar 21, 2012
- Student in hospital after brutal beating by teacher - Dec 28, 2010
- La Martiniere principal held over schoolboy's suicide - Oct 04, 2010
- BJP seeks Kolkata principal's arrest over corporal punishment (Lead) - Jun 14, 2010
- Nearly 12,000 Right to Education violations in Delhi - Mar 27, 2011
- Drunken teacher thrashes student in Haryana - Aug 01, 2010
- Tough law against corporal punishment in Assam schools - Feb 15, 2010