Class 5 student ends life after failing in testNovember 1st, 2008 - 5:17 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, Nov 1 (IANS) A 12-year-old boy committed suicide by hanging himself at home in Orissa after failing in a class test, police said Saturday.Rajat Sahu, a Class 5 student of Dayanand Anglo-Vedic School, failed in the half yearly unit test and hung himself in the bathroom of his house Friday.
The result was declared Thursday when Rajat was absent. He collected his progress report Friday and returned home at 5 p.m. His parents found him hanging from an iron rod in the bathroom, police officer Utkal Keshari Parida told IANS.
Family members said the boy used two sarees of his mother to hang himself.
The body has been sent for post mortem and a case registered. Rajat had failed the Class 5 annual examinations last year.
- NCP withdraws support to BJD in Orissa - Dec 29, 2010
- Class 6 student found dead outside school in Uttar Pradesh - Nov 29, 2010
- Boy dies imitating TV suicide scene - Feb 09, 2012
- Abhishek's daredevilry in 'Players' impresses Abbas-Mustan - Jan 05, 2012
- Boy dies imitating TV suicide scene (Lead) - Feb 09, 2012
- Class 5 student hangs himself to death in Delhi - Jul 09, 2012
- Pakistani student commits suicide - Apr 01, 2012
- Student attempts suicide, alleges 'torture' - Feb 03, 2012
- Betrayed in love, undertrial hangs himself in jail - Apr 27, 2012
- Five people commit suicide in Delhi - Oct 07, 2011
- Unable to go to school, boy commits suicide - Feb 18, 2011
- Body of abducted boy found - Oct 27, 2011
- Railways off-spinner Parida calls it a day - Nov 13, 2010
- 14-year-old commits suicide - Aug 26, 2012
- Teenager dies in Bengal, father held - Oct 30, 2011