Class 12 student shoots woman in DelhiAugust 6th, 2008 - 8:57 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 6 (IANS) Angry over his brother’s relations with a girl, a Class 12 student shot dead the girl’s mother in northwest Delhi, the police said Wednesday. Abhay Shankar Pandey shot dead Rita Dube (33)following a heated argument at her house.
The police said the victim, her husband Brijesh and their three daughters and two sons had moved to Delhi ten days ago from Gorakhpur in eastern Uttar Pradesh. The Dubes were known to the boy’s family.
“Rita’s elder daughter was in love with Abhay’s elder brother Atul. They wanted to marry, and Rita and her husband had no objections. But Atul’s mother and brother Abhay were strictly opposed to it,” said a police official.
“In the morning Abhay and Rita had an argument over the same issue. Abhay pulled out a country-made (illegally made) gun and fired at Rita from the point blank range. She died on the spot,” the officer added.
The police said a case has been registered and search was on to nab Abhay, who ran away.
- Teenager held for gunning down woman in Delhi - Aug 11, 2008
- Man kills wife for not feeding daughter - May 11, 2012
- Man shoots son dead over serving mutton - Mar 11, 2012
- Man shoots son dead over serving mutton (Lead) - Mar 11, 2012
- Man held for raping daughter - Jan 15, 2012
- Man held for killing 3-year-old niece - Mar 26, 2011
- Man shot dead by colleague - Jun 26, 2011
- Man kills girl for spurning friendship (Lead) - Feb 11, 2011
- Haryana couple shot by girl's family, critical - Jun 08, 2012
- Youth kills girl, commits suicide in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 05, 2011
- IAF employee killed in bid to help neighbour - Sep 09, 2012
- Suspended jailer kills wife, self in Lucknow (Lead) - Jul 27, 2012
- Girl commits suicide after spat over food - Jun 27, 2011
- Delhi doctor's body found hanging in house (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- Salma Agha's daughter set for Bollywood debut (With Image) - Sep 03, 2012