Class 11 girl raped by three classmates (Lead)February 27th, 2010 - 4:13 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Feb 27 (IANS) A Class 11 girl was allegedly raped at gunpoint by three of her classmates in Uttar Pradesh’s Baghpat district, police said Saturday, adding that the suspects were absconding.
Residents of Hilwari village in Baghpat, some 400 km from here, held a series of protests, demanding the arrest of the boys.
The 16-year-old victim was abducted Friday by three boys of her class and raped at a secluded place. Medical reports of the girl have confirmed rape, police added.
“The three boys and the victim studied in the same class in a school in Baraut town. When the girl was on her way home from school, the boys abducted and raped her,” police inspector R.K. Singh told reporters in Baghpat.
“The boys, who are close friends, are absconding. Efforts are on to nab them. We have detained some of their family members in order to ascertain their whereabouts,” he added.
A large number of residents of Hilwari village Saturday carried out a series of demonstrations, demanding the arrest of the students for raping the girl.
The residents also held protests in front of Baraut police station, threatening to carry out violent demonstrations if the students were not arrested this weekend.
- Three Class 11 students rape classmate in Uttar Pradesh - Feb 27, 2010
- Two boys held for raping 16-year-old - Mar 01, 2010
- Three arrested for Haryana girl's rape, murder (Lead) - May 27, 2011
- Nine rapes in last two days in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 21, 2011
- Haryana girl's rape, murder case solved - May 27, 2011
- Two engineering students held for rape - Feb 17, 2011
- Pregnant woman abducted,raped; two arrested - Feb 12, 2012
- Minor gangraped in moving van, one held (Lead) - Jul 05, 2011
- Four more rape cases, attack on women reported in UP - Jun 20, 2011
- Cop, accomplice booked for raping minors - Nov 16, 2011
- Two held for molesting minors in Bengal - Sep 02, 2012
- Two held for Ghaziabad gangrape - Mar 15, 2012
- Two school officials dismissed for negligence in rape case - Sep 26, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh's fifth rape case in a day (Lead) - Jun 21, 2011
- Two minors gang raped in the capital - Feb 11, 2012