City striker Balotelli faces nine-match banApril 10th, 2012 - 5:06 pm ICT by IANS
London, April 10 (IANS) Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli is staring at an elongated ban which might see him sit out for nine games after the Football Association (FA) revealed it is deciding whether to punish his studs-up tackle on Arsenal’s Alex Song, which referee Martin Atkinson missed.
The Italian footballer was sent off during a Premier League match Sunday against the North Londoners for two bookable offences but earlier should have received a straight red for a dangerous tackle on Cameroonian Song.
If the FAs decide to punish Balotelli, that would mean the Italian’s fourth red card of the season. He already misses one game for the sending off Sunday and an extra two because it was his third red of the season.
He could be banned for a further three games for the Song tackle and then for another three because that would count as his fourth red.
City manager, Roberto Mancini was furious at Balotelli and hinted that the player could be sold in the summer.
The 21-year-old striker has been in the news for all the wrong reasons since joining the Manchester club in August 2010.
- Balotelli wants to stay with Manchester City - Apr 13, 2012
- Football Association gives special treatment to Man U: Mancini - Mar 02, 2011
- Light at the end Of the tunnel for matured Balotelli - Jul 02, 2012
- Balotelli needs to change attitude: Mancini - Apr 14, 2012
- Mancini tells Balotelli to cut the c**p - Apr 01, 2011
- Liverpool edge out City in Carling Cup - Jan 12, 2012
- Bad boy Balotelli issues plea for help to Italian team coach - Mar 22, 2011
- Mancini tells Balotelli to stop smoking - Dec 31, 2011
- Adebayor's return will fire Man City into Champions League - Mar 29, 2010
- Adebayor's relationship with Mancini hit rock bottom after amazing bust-up - Sep 19, 2010
- Stoke's Wilkinson banned for three matches - Sep 21, 2012
- Mancini bursts out at Balotelli at training - Mar 29, 2012
- Homesick Balotelli wants to leave Man City - Dec 28, 2010
- Balotelli is even better than Torres: Mancini - Aug 23, 2010
- 'Stupid' Balotelli responsible for crashing of Man City's Europa League dream - Mar 18, 2011
Tags: alex, arsenal, balotelli, football association, footballer, game, london, londoners, manchester city, manchester club, mario, martin atkinson, match, premier league, referee, roberto mancini, striker, studs, three games