City of London chairman to visit India for financial services’ expertiseFebruary 13th, 2009 - 9:07 pm ICT by IANS
London, Feb 13 (IANS) The man responsible for devising the policies that run London’s financial centre is to visit India for talks on how to further develop India’s financial services, the City of London Corporation announced Friday.
Stuart Fraser, chairman of the Policy and Resources Committee at the City of London Corporation, is travelling to Mumbai Saturday to attend the City’s Advisory Council for India.
He will meet with policymakers, business leaders and economists.
“India is of vital importance to London and the United Kingdom and the visit reaffirms the City’s commitment to and support for India’s emergence on the global financial stage,” a spokeswoman for the City of London Corporation said.
Fraser will also travel to Ahmedabad where he will discuss the need for private investment in infrastructure and encouraging use of the Public Private Partnership (PPP) model.
“The visit comes at a critical time, not only for the City but for the global economy,” Fraser said.
He said the City of London is keen to share its expertise in how to develop “good, well engineered financial services” that were essential to support India’s economic growth.
- Mefcom Capital signs pact with London merchant bank - Sep 08, 2011
- Lord Mayor of London to arrive in Delhi tomorrow - Oct 21, 2009
- Lord Mayor of London to arrive in Delhi today - Oct 22, 2009
- World Bank helps Meghalaya set up hospital - Nov 02, 2010
- India, US to share healthcare models with Ethiopia - Feb 23, 2012
- PPP is not privatising water: Khurshid - May 07, 2012
- Travel solution provider Egencia India awarded major gong at Goa summit - Sep 24, 2010
- G-20 Summit Declaration - Jun 20, 2012
- Investment banking firms Mefcom, Beaufort sign accord - Jul 28, 2011
- India's growth helping global economy: World Bank chief - Jan 09, 2011
- Travel managers can help clients cicumvent costlier air travel, hotel bookings: Egencia (Part-I) - Mar 03, 2011
- BRICS countries' ministers hold meeting - Apr 13, 2011
- NEDFi to back foreign investors' projects in northeast - Feb 09, 2011
- GDP logs slowest quarterly growth in 3 years (Lead) - Feb 29, 2012
- Bernanke hints at moves to aid US labour market, recovery - Sep 01, 2012