Citizens’ forum to launch e-campaign for voter awarenessFebruary 16th, 2009 - 4:17 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Feb 16 (IANS) Doctors, engineers, teachers, journalists, chartered accountants and businessmen in the Uttar Pradesh capital have constituted a forum for launching a nationwide e-campaign to sensitise people to their voting rights.
“Through our campaign we primarily want to target the educated and elite class to diligently exercise their voting right,” P.K. Gupta, a doctor who has conceptualised the ‘Conscious Citizens Forum’, told IANS Monday.
“You must have come across several people from well-off families who do not exercise their franchise, but can be seen criticising the government. By our campaign, we want to mobilise such voters,” he added.
The forum intends to send e-mails and SMSs to as many as possible all over India asking them to come out of their houses for taking part in the elections.
“Through our campaign we also want to discourage criminals and corrupt people from entering politics. We want that a majority of the literate masses should cast their votes for making a positive difference in the society,” said Gupta.
The e-campaign will start this week. At present, there are around 100 members in the forum.
- In Lucknow, doctors write out anti-graft message - Aug 20, 2011
- This lawyer's fee - eye donation pledge - Oct 31, 2011
- Kirti Azad launches traffic awareness campaign in New Delhi - Mar 21, 2011
- Fashion fraternity wakes up to population menace (With image) - Jul 10, 2010
- Seven-language campaign to educate South Asian voters in US - Sep 10, 2012
- Hazare's campaign generates heat in Punjab, Haryana - Apr 07, 2011
- Jamia Millia reaches out to women in distress - Feb 25, 2011
- Youths must be sensitised about environment: President - May 30, 2012
- Unicef's online campaign to demand education for kids - Oct 19, 2010
- Please pay taxes, Pakistani elite told - Jun 18, 2011
- Seven billionth baby's dad wants her to be a doctor - Oct 31, 2011
- Struggle will continue: Anna Hazare - Apr 09, 2011
- Who will lead the Tibetan cause after Dalai Lama? - Mar 19, 2011
- Sequel fever hits small screen - Feb 26, 2011
- Rescue the dying Yamuna to save the Taj, appeal activists - Mar 25, 2012