Citi’s Vikram Pandit gets a $22.5 million pay packageMay 19th, 2011 - 10:27 am ICT by IANS
Washington, May 19 (IANS) After working for years for a token annual salary of $1, Citigroup’s Indian American CEO, Vikram Pandit has received a $22.5 million retention package that’s partly tied to the future performance of the banking giant.
“Vikram has done an outstanding job since coming on board as the financial crisis began,” Citigroup chairman Richard Parsons said in a statement Wednesday. “Under his leadership, the management team has navigated Citi through the crisis, returned Citi to profitability and is executing a strategy for sustainable growth.
“The long-term, multiyear, performance-based structure of this award is designed to retain Vikram as our CEO and reward him for future performance benefiting the company and our shareholders,” Parsons added.
Pandit got deferred stock valued at $10 million on the day it was granted, according to a regulatory filing by Citi.
The award will vest in three equal installments at the end of 2013, 2014 and 2015 - but only if Citi’s personnel and compensation committee decides Pandit has reached performance goals tied to regulatory capital and risk management, company culture and talent development, including succession, the filing explained.
Pandit also got a new profit-sharing plan that could pay him more than $6 million, depending on the future cumulative pretax profit of Citicorp in 2011 and 2012 - minus the cumulative income or loss generated by Citi Holdings in the period.
(Arun Kumar can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Citi's Pandit gets a big raise: from $1 to $1.75 million (Lead) - Jan 22, 2011
- Citi's Pandit sued over excessive pay - Apr 21, 2012
- Citi's Pandit will work for $1 in 2010 too - Sep 25, 2010
- Amid tough times, Citibank to cut 4500 jobs - Dec 07, 2011
- Pandit's Citi makes profit with India sale - Apr 17, 2012
- Indra Nooyi, Sanjay Jha among highest paid CEOs in US: Report - May 10, 2011
- Pandit's Citi reports $4.4 billion profit for first quarter - Apr 20, 2010
- Pandit's Citigroup reports first profitable year - Jan 18, 2011
- Indra Nooyi gets a raise, makes $17 mn in 2011 - Mar 24, 2012
- Citi's Pandit made $10.8 mn in 2008 - Mar 17, 2009
- 'Occupy Wall Street' growing bigger by the day (Lead) - Oct 13, 2011
- Pandit says Citigroup now 'a different company' - Aug 10, 2011
- Pandit's Citigroup loses $7.58 bn as it repays bailout - Jan 19, 2010
- US sues financial firms over mortgage losses - Sep 03, 2011
- Financial world needs more transparency: Vikram Pandit - Nov 08, 2011
Tags: 10 million, annual salary, arun kumar, chairman richard, citi, citicorp, citigroup, company culture, compensation committee, cumulative income, financial crisis, installments, performance goals, pretax profit, profit sharing plan, regulatory capital, richard parsons, risk management company, sustainable growth, vikram pandit