CISF trooper kills colleague, himself at Metro station (Lead)August 5th, 2011 - 2:09 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 5 (IANS) A Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) trooper shot dead a woman colleague at the Yamuna Bank Metro station here Friday morning and then turned the gun on himself, police said. He died a few hours after being hospitalised.
The shooting happened at platform No. 2 of the Yamuna Bank Metro station in east Delhi between 7.30 a.m. and 8 a.m., said Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police B.S. Gujjar.
The woman was identified as constable N.V.S. Teja, who hailed from Andhra Pradesh, and her attacker was constable M.P. Pillai from Kerala.
Pillai later shot himself in the chest with his service rifle.
“During preliminary investigation, we found that there was some personal dispute between them. Teja was leaving for home after her night shift. She was received by Pillai at platform number two in Yamuna Bank Metro station around 7 a.m. Both were said to have been talking for some time; suddenly Pillai seems to have shot her with his service rifle,” said Gujjar.
Both CISF personnel were taken to a hospital, where Teja was declared brought dead. Pillai also died a few hours after he was hospitalised in Lal Bahadur Shastri Hospital.
Both had joined the CISF in 2009.
- CISF trooper kills woman colleague at Delhi Metro station - Aug 05, 2011
- Woman commits suicide at Delhi Metro station (Second Lead) - Jun 04, 2012
- Man shot at in Metro station - Feb 04, 2012
- CISF trooper kills self at Metro station (Lead) - Apr 26, 2011
- Militants kill two CRPF personnel in Baramulla - Nov 10, 2010
- 'Betrayed' Andhra cop kills woman colleague (Lead) - May 09, 2011
- Woman gives birth to girl on Metro train - Jul 22, 2012
- Woman gives birth to girl on Metro train (Lead) - Jul 22, 2012
- Metro services to Ghaziabad start Thursday - Jul 12, 2011
- Woman jumps off Delhi metro station - Aug 27, 2012
- Man attempts suicide at Metro station - May 05, 2012
- Chinese hostage-taker shot dead - Jul 20, 2012
- Delhi Police constable killed by minor girlfriend - Jul 08, 2012
- Woman dies after jumping from metro station terrace - May 04, 2012
- Delhi Metro to connect more hospitals - Apr 11, 2012
Tags: attacker, central industrial security, central industrial security force cisf, colleague, commissioner of police, constable, deputy commissioner, east delhi, friday morning, kerala, lal bahadur shastri, metro station, night shift, personal dispute, pillai, preliminary investigation, security force, service rifle, teja, yamuna